Free KFC chicken! For real!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax, don't move this thread! Please!?!
Sounds like a winner to me. All you cheap husbands can bring dinner home to your families!

Helen,
Please let me know when I can move this thread.
It has been really bugging me.
Woke up this morning at 3:30 thinking, "Does that KFC thread belong in UPS Discussions?"
Thanks,
The Hoaxster

helenofcalifornia

Hoax, you can now move or even delete this thread. The coupons are no longer available. My boy took all my coupons I had left from the mass printing I did and is currently feeding half of the city.

moreluck

golden ticket member
KFC cancels free chicken deal after Oprah promo

2 hrs 34 mins ago
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – The Oprah Winfrey-fueled free chicken give-away that caused pandemonium this week at Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants has been canceled due to what the fast-food chain called an "overwhelming response."

Roger Eaton, president of KFC in the United States said restaurants would no longer accept the free coupons for its new grilled chicken meal after Oprah's chat show promotion caused long lines around the nation.

"The lines of customers wanting to redeem their coupons have been out the door and around the block, so we're unable to redeem customer coupons at this time." Eaton said in a statement issued late Thursday.
KFC said millions of Americans had downloaded free coupons after the offer was featured on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and Web site on Tuesday, driving traffic to levels unseen in the brand's 50-year history.
Eaton apologized to customers for the cancellation of the scheme and said those who already had a coupon could get a rain check form to enable them to use it at a later date.

Winfrey, 55, is regarded as the most influential woman on U.S. television, driving popular opinion in areas such as books, pop culture and even politics through her support for Barack Obama's presidential campaign.
Louisville, Kentucky-based KFC has more than 15,000 outlets in 80 countries around the world, and its corporate parent is Yum! Brands Inc.

rod

Retired 22 years
KFC cancels free chicken deal after Oprah promo

2 hrs 34 mins ago
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – The Oprah Winfrey-fueled free chicken give-away that caused pandemonium this week at Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants has been canceled due to what the fast-food chain called an "overwhelming response."

Roger Eaton, president of KFC in the United States said restaurants would no longer accept the free coupons for its new grilled chicken meal after Oprah's chat show promotion caused long lines around the nation.

"The lines of customers wanting to redeem their coupons have been out the door and around the block, so we're unable to redeem customer coupons at this time." Eaton said in a statement issued late Thursday.
KFC said millions of Americans had downloaded free coupons after the offer was featured on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and Web site on Tuesday, driving traffic to levels unseen in the brand's 50-year history.
Eaton apologized to customers for the cancellation of the scheme and said those who already had a coupon could get a rain check form to enable them to use it at a later date.

Winfrey, 55, is regarded as the most influential woman on U.S. television, driving popular opinion in areas such as books, pop culture and even politics through her support for Barack Obama's presidential campaign.
Louisville, Kentucky-based KFC has more than 15,000 outlets in 80 countries around the world, and its corporate parent is Yum! Brands Inc.

You could see that coming a mile away. Apparently no one at KFC saw the news story about Popeyes. Note to UPS corporate--- don't offer free shipping on any given day

herbigharo32

$4.99 is cheap. Right? Look at the video closely. The customers are calling other restaurants around town and driving to other locations. The reality is these people are paying a steep premium for the services with their time! Also, consider the cost of operating an automobile! Lady, wanna feed your kids? This is what I do for my own self. Before I left for my main job at 3:30 PM, I place a whole chicken in a crockpot and put it on slow cook. Before I go to the Big Brown Machine (UPS), I get to treat myself to a nice dinner including chicken, dressing, green beans, and a fresh biscuit. All the ingredients cost about $8.00, about 7 minutes prep. The total yield is 3 meals. When I do eat out, I go for local eateries. They offer much better quality services for the same price as national chain restaurants. A good example is an italian restaurant where you can get a fresh lasagna for $7.50.

some1else

Banned
They offer much better quality services for the same price as national chain restaurants. A good example is an italian restaurant where you can get a fresh lasagna for $7.50.
i can get 3 double cheesburgers AND four micchicken sandwitches plus a newspaper for that much what a deal pffft dollar menu ftw

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My wife went out with her coupons to get the KFC Grilled Chicken last night. Of course they were out and giving out rain checks instead. From what she heard, this promotion is being paid for by KFC, not Oprah. Supposedly the new Grilled KFC was not selling well, its cooked and frozen off site somewhere else. Its gets nuked in the microwave at your local KFC.

It was funny, I watched the James Bond movie "Goldfinger" last night. A lot of it was shot in Kentucky, and it had what was probably one of the ealiest KFC resturants in a few scenes. We ate a bucket of Original last night instead of the Grilled.