Free Note 4 arrives in 6 days

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Im sure it's blazing fast. Note 5 I think going to have an octocore (8) processor, 4k display, 4 gigs of memory, might bump up to a 5.9 display. Sounds bout right with them specs as specs have gone up with each phone in the series. That's why I'm holding on to my note 2 til the 5 comes out.
Note 4 already has quad HD AMOLED display. I don't think I'd want a 5.9" display. The 5.7" on the Note 4 is just barely comfortable in the pocket. Any bigger and I'd have to start wearing it on my hip and that sucks.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
QHD, Quad HD or 2K
QHD stands for Quad HD, or four times the definition of standard HD. The pixel measurement for QHD is 2,560 x 1,440 which is where the 2K name comes from. Definitions are often shortened to the smaller number of the pixel measurement, so HD will sometimes be called 720p, Full HD is 1,080p and so on. With QHD though, the 2K name comes from the fact that the bigger of the pixel measurements is over 2,000 pixels. This can be a bit confusing. A 5.5-inch QHD display has a pixel density of 538 ppi.

Ultra HD or 4K
You can probably see where this is going. Like 2K, the 4K name comes from the larger of the two pixel measurements, which are, technically speaking, 4,096 pixels in 4K and only 3,840 pixels in Ultra HD. So while these two definitions are often said in the same breath they are actually a little bit different. Ultra HD is 3,860 x 2,160 pixels and 4K is 4,096 x 2,160. Of course, both definitions frequently get shortened to 2,160p. You can probably see that calling QHD a 2K display is technically incorrect, as it should really be called 2.5K

govols019

You smell that?
I looked at the Turbo but if a phone doesn't have a removable battery or SD card support it gets struck from the list.

Looks like the Samsung S5 for me.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I looked at the Turbo but if a phone doesn't have a removable battery or SD card support it gets struck from the list.

Looks like the Samsung S5 for me.
S5 is a good phone. Not alot of difference in s4 to s5. You can probably get a steal on an s4. That's why they put the note 4 out so early cause the s5 didn't do as well as Samsung thought it was going to.

govols019

You smell that?
S5 is a good phone. Not alot of difference in s4 to s5. You can probably get a steal on an s4. That's why they put the note 4 out so early cause the s5 didn't do as well as Samsung thought it was going to.

Went a checked out the Turbo tonight in person. I really like the fact that it is closer to a pure Android experience versus TouchWiz on the S5. Will make getting the updates a much faster process. Verizon is also offering $100 credit towards the Turbo if you trade in any old smartphone. I knew keeping my OG Droid Incredible would come in handy.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Went a checked out the Turbo tonight in person. I really like the fact that it is closer to a pure Android experience versus TouchWiz on the S5. Will make getting the updates a much faster process. Verizon is also offering $100 credit towards the Turbo if you trade in any old smartphone. I knew keeping my OG Droid Incredible would come in handy.
You do know you don't need to use the touch wiz UI right? There are lots of different launchers. I used to use Nova and really liked it but was ready for a change.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
http://www.note5us.com/. If anybody has the patience to hold out for the note 5 you wont be disappointed. Going to be best phone out to date. Still rockin my note 2 which im cool with. Got an upgrade coming on Dec 27th but just going to skip the note 3 and 4 and jump on the note 5.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
http://www.note5us.com/. If anybody has the patience to hold out for the note 5 you wont be disappointed. Going to be best phone out to date. Still rockin my note 2 which im cool with. Got an upgrade coming on Dec 27th but just going to skip the note 3 and 4 and jump on the note 5.
OMG, again with that link. lol. You do realize that that's not a Samsung site and is just complete speculation by a random person right?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
OMG, again with that link. lol. You do realize that that's not a Samsung site and is just complete speculation by a random person right?
Yup but if you pay attention to the spec upgrades as the series has evolved and been released, that spec sheet sounds just about right. Its probably right on as far as the specs go. Always do my homework and research in anything im a spend a good amount of money on.

govols019

You smell that?
You do know you don't need to use the touch wiz UI right? There are lots of different launchers. I used to use Nova and really liked it but was ready for a change.

I had Nova but for some reason it wouldn't play nice with my HD Widgets. It's not just TouchWiz...it's also all the other assorted crap that Samsung puts on the phone that I will never use. The Droid has some too but nowhere close to the extent of Samsung.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I had Nova but for some reason it wouldn't play nice with my HD Widgets. It's not just TouchWiz...it's also all the other assorted crap that Samsung puts on the phone that I will never use. The Droid has some too but nowhere close to the extent of Samsung.
Don't know why these phones put all the bloatware on them. Kinda dumb totally agree