Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I think so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No sales guy im sorry but maybe i try again

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Sales guy. Your job is simple. When you see a Fed ex driver getting pick ups from a business. Go get that business for us. You can't see it sitting looking at the BC. You are right. We will have more work if you can complete your mission. Now go to the fridge to get more kool -aid. It's the drivers fault. Right?

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I really wish this db would go away. Why don't u set up a site for corporate so we can invade it. I may be out of line but we don't want u here. Posting threads solely about sales leads is getting extremely old. R u trying to fire us up? Think someone mentioned something bout u climbing down in the trenches with us. Until your willing to to that I suggest u take this trash out to the street.

Truth be told, I would rather have someone like him posting here than someone like yourself who lacks the ability to use all of the letters in the alphabet while struggling to form a coherent thought.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sales guy. Your job is simple. When you see a Fed ex driver getting pick ups from a business. Go get that business for us. You can't see it sitting looking at the BC. You are right. We will have more work if you can complete your mission. Now go to the fridge to get more kool -aid. It's the drivers fault. Right?

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised by your attitude re: sales leads.

Our center has 24-28 drivers on road daily. We have 2 BD people----one for major accounts and the other for the rest. I am no math major but I am pretty sure that 24-28 is greater than 2.

It's not that hard to look for opportunity while on road. You mentioned the FedEx driver making a pickup while you are making a delivery at a commercial stop. It would take you less than a minute to submit the sales lead through your DIAD.

I pick up at Staples, MBE and the UPS Store. I know that we are asked not to submit leads on volume picked up there but these are the ideal stops to secure new volume. I will either set aside or will take cell phone pics of packages from shippers who I think may be interested in a daily pickup so that I can input the information while either on break or when I get back to the center. Our center manager prefers that we use the sales lead cards and have the OMS input the leads but I do them myself as it is much easier for all involved.

Sales leads need not be limited to your delivery area. Yeah, the bid driver might get upset that he has a new pickup that he won't be getting any credit for, but he had the chance to submit the lead and for whatever reason decided not to.

BD simply does not have the manpower to solicit sales leads.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Our center has 24-28 drivers on road daily. We have 2 BD people----one for major accounts and the other for the rest. I am no math major but I am pretty sure that 24-28 is greater than 2.

It's not that hard to look for opportunity while on road. You mentioned the FedEx driver making a pickup while you are making a delivery at a commercial stop. It would take you less than a minute to submit the sales lead through your DIAD.

I pick up at Staples, MBE and the UPS Store. I know that we are asked not to submit leads on volume picked up there but these are the ideal stops to secure new volume. I will either set aside or will take cell phone pics of packages from shippers who I think may be interested in a daily pickup so that I can input the information while either on break or when I get back to the center. Our center manager prefers that we use the sales lead cards and have the OMS input the leads but I do them myself as it is much easier for all involved.

Sales leads need not be limited to your delivery area. Yeah, the bid driver might get upset that he has a new pickup that he won't be getting any credit for, but he had the chance to submit the lead and for whatever reason decided not to.

I get it. It's easy to pick off low hanging fruit by submitting a sales lead. Where I have issues with BD is they assume that we should beat the bushes for them. I know my route and my customers. Of the around 50 business I have, I would guess that 90% already use us as there main carrier. Not bad for a small town. However, BD will whine and complain that I don't turn in a sales lead card. Sorry, you already have tapped out my route. There isn't much left.

Limper

Out For Delivery
Hey Sales Guy, how about putting down your coffee and donuts, brown up, and ride with a driver for a
couple hours while he's in dense business area.

Are you willing to put some skin in the game?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Really now. Well for one my area doesn't have any of those fancy stores you listed above. The op can stop at least a half hr to each just during one day. Instead he posts here. During a work day. 2 for 28 is plenty of time to cover yours and my center together in 2-3 days. It is obvious they don't have time commits or a quota to make. Good for you you feel you need to do sales leads. I just don't have interest doing anothers job. I can't wait to stop doing mine half the time

Notretiredyet

I stopped doing sales leads when they took driver marketing time away. Since then when a customer approaches me with questions I give them the 800 PICKUPS number. Years ago I was involved in getting a major account to switch from the other guys to us. They fill up a 53' trailer everyday and I've never got even a thank you or keychain for it. My sales guy drives a Benz, you must be a slacker.

clean hairy

I stopped doing sales leads when they took driver marketing time away. Since then when a customer approaches me with questions I give them the 800 PICKUPS number. Years ago I was involved in getting a major account to switch from the other guys to us. They fill up a 53' trailer everyday and I've never got even a thank you or keychain for it. My sales guy drives a Benz, you must be a slacker.
Thank you or a keychain?
No thanks!
Cash is KING!
$50 cash then i give you the lead.
Turned in 2, came to us, no cash.
This was years ago, but I don't work for free anymore!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Why so my friend? How can I help you?

I would be more than happy to turn in a sales lead or two every month if I weren't already swamped with stops and units of work while your "partners" somewhere else decide to lay off drivers. 200 stops while people are laid off motivates me not the slightest to "grow the business". Apparently the business is growing just fine without my paltry 2 sales leads.

mjjlohn

I'll bite...I'd go out of my way more for sales leads if 1) my center manager did not take credit for them 2) I could honestly tell potential customers they will get consistent service from us as a company.
This x1000 our service isn't consistent in areas where there isn't a bid driver, so why would I lie to the customer

clean hairy

You too? One of my UPS buddies and myself(we are both retirees) end every discussion we have (verbal text or whatever) with "gets leads or you're fired!"
Now you opened up a can of worms!
Next, will be suggested since you are retired with nothing to do you can go get sales leads!
I wouldn't put it past this person to suggest that!

Salesguy

Sales Member
Thanks to you I might have a future in UPS and I hope you accept my sincere thankfullness.

I understand that you might see that differently but you have contributed to growth. It is sad the company missed your efforts and feel sad about it.

Take a chance on your sup and challenge him Monday: hey xxx Im gonne give you ONE hot lead after my shift and I need your personal involvement to position this in sales as for immidiate follow up and feedback...and possible rewarding....
Just do it employee of the month March!

You and I have more simularities than you may think but we have only one strong connection than is more powerful than brotherhood. We are UPS.

SCV good to go sir.

I chose this career because I didn't want to sell :censored2:. If I wanted to be a salesman, I would have stayed at Wells Fargo. Do your own damn job. You want to help me? Fine, do you work in the same building as the bozos that developed Orion? I'll mail (via UPS of course) you a diad board and you can whack every single one of those clowns on the head with it. Make sure you put your hip into it.

I chose this career because I didn't want to sell :censored2:. If I wanted to be a salesman, I would have stayed at Wells Fargo. Do your own damn job. You want to help me? Fine, do you work in the same building as the bozos that developed Orion? I'll mail (via UPS of course) you a diad board and you can whack every single one of those clowns on the head with it. Make sure you put your hip into it.
Well said.