Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No sales guy im sorry but maybe i try again

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

oldngray

nowhere special
h90490E70.jpg

VDUBINIT

I have an account that ships out about 3000 pkgs every day with fdx ground.

The only reason "we" can't get this account is due to MILES and Ovr allowed!

UPS would rather cut out a route 40 miles away to and from the center to reduce miles, while our competitors add trucks to make this account extremely happy.

I drive and pickup around 4 to 10 PCs a day while the other 2990 go to FedEx.

This shipper needs "extreme" flexibility fedx guys sit here for hours and hours waiting for them to finish everyday.

Ups states we need a desired pickup time and we will send ovr a driver at that time +or- 15 minutes.

I personally spent a lot of time with the shipping manager and our local sales rep, on this account.

NEVER AGAIN would I try to find a 50-100k account when UPS won't adjust for a multi million dollar account!!

2Slow

I'm not in delivery anymore, but I was for a long time.

Managment has a policy of treating the workers like thieves and rented mules. The driver is always wrong, the driver is always at fault, the driver is far too stupid to have a valid opinion on anything related to his job.

Do you really wonder why they resist you? If you do, either you're wayyyy up in that ivory tower or you're retarded.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have an account that ships out about 3000 pkgs every day with fdx ground.

The only reason "we" can't get this account is due to MILES and Ovr allowed!

UPS would rather cut out a route 40 miles away to and from the center to reduce miles, while our competitors add trucks to make this account extremely happy.

I drive and pickup around 4 to 10 PCs a day while the other 2990 go to FedEx.

This shipper needs "extreme" flexibility fedx guys sit here for hours and hours waiting for them to finish everyday.

Ups states we need a desired pickup time and we will send ovr a driver at that time +or- 15 minutes.

I personally spent a lot of time with the shipping manager and our local sales rep, on this account.

NEVER AGAIN would I try to find a 50-100k account when UPS won't adjust for a multi million dollar account!!

Why wouldn't they park an empty trailer there and swap them out on a daily basis?

In a way I don't blame UPS for saying no. We don't have the flexibility to have one of our guys "sit here for hours and hours waiting for them to finish everyday". That just does not make any business sense whatsoever. Park an empty, swap them out. Simple.

Returntosender

Why wouldn't they park an empty trailer there and swap them out on a daily basis?

In a way I don't blame UPS for saying no. We don't have the flexibility to have one of our guys "sit here for hours and hours waiting for them to finish everyday". That just does not make any business sense whatsoever. Park an empty, swap them out. Simple.
Maybe the total costs is greater then the revenue. As the sales people say. The IE guys couldn't make it work. The customer trailer pick up time will cause hub operation to go over the allowed hours. We need to keep costs down.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe the total costs is greater then the revenue. As the sales people say. The IE guys couldn't make it work. The customer trailer pick up time will cause hub operation to go over the allowed hours. We need to keep costs down.

Set a defined pull time for the trailer with a package car sweep an hour or two later.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's 3000 packages. You're talking 75k plus a day.

Returntosender

It's 3000 packages. You're talking 75k plus a day.
I'm not IE. I just repeat sales people told us. If i recall correctly. The word he used is domino effect. Customers need to commit to pick up times. We can't change the entire district operating plan for one customer.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

I'm not IE. I just repeat sales people told us. If i recall correctly. The word he used is domino effect. Customers need to commit to pick up times. We can't change the entire district operating plan for one customer.
We are a logistics company that's exactly what we are supposed to be able to do. Lol

johnny_hotdog

Management told us we shouldn't be having conversations with customers. If they ask about a package or service related issues we are supposed to direct them to call the 1-800 number. We were told this crap when they first got telematics and they were harasing us about overages on stops. I Haven't submitted a sales lead since then nor have I even tried to find one. Sad thing is I sure could dig them up but I don't bother because of how they treat us sometimes. If they ask me about sales leads I just remind them of what they told us and say I can't talk to customers about that because it takes too long.

VDUBINIT

The NDA has to be picked up at a certain time to make sort. We would need multiple trucks to contain the volume.

Fed x express makes it work why can't we? 4-5 shuttle vans the drivers help each other load the volume.

Internationals need to be picked at a different side of the building "hence the need for multiple drivers and trucks"

And then the ground. Three fed x ground guys pick them up from 330-530-6

We would need drivers to done and empty bye 330 but "NO WE HAVE TO HIT STOPS" per car.

We could make it work if we could have more 2 more drivers in the area.

2 full time drivers at 80k a year, pension fuel ,healthcare, social security etc etc doesn't add up to 12-15 million dollars!!

It takes labor and vehicles to make this work.

Feeder is out of the question absolutely no way.

Brownslave688

The NDA has to be picked up at a certain time to make sort. We would need multiple trucks to contain the volume.

Fed x express makes it work why can't we? 4-5 shuttle vans the drivers help each other load the volume.

Internationals need to be picked at a different side of the building "hence the need for multiple drivers and trucks"

And then the ground. Three fed x ground guys pick them up from 330-530-6

We would need drivers to done and empty bye 330 but "NO WE HAVE TO HIT STOPS" per car.

We could make it work if we could have more 2 more drivers in the area.

2 full time drivers at 80k a year, pension fuel ,healthcare, social security etc etc doesn't add up to 12-15 million dollars!!

It takes labor and vehicles to make this work.

Feeder is out of the question absolutely no way.
I don't understand why feeders is out of the question.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
lol, I get the sense that Salesguy just got back from some sort of empowerment seminar and couldn't wait to share his new-found excitement with the rest of us.

I also read his posts with in Indian accent for some reason.
I was thinking African for some reason.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
You should ask the pas/Orion guys to help with sales leads. They're magical at spending a dollar to earn nickel. We can be delivering more packages to the USPS in no time.