"Freedom of Speech"; When am I "Free", to speak my mind?

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Every day in life you learn something new;
Today I learned when your wife is pissed off at you, you DO NOT have the freedom to interrupt her when she is speaking and further more SHE and only SHE will have the last WORD!
:not_fair:

I'm going to crawl into my LITTLE CAVE now......:surrender

MechanicForBrown

Ahhhhhh MFB, did you get into trouble? Tell us all about it. We are here to help! Hehehehe:wink2:

I did!! But she was already aggravated with something else and I just sort of ticked her off some more. Wasn't a good Idea to mess with momma that time!! OOOHHH well, live and learn right?:wink2:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I did!! But she was already aggravated with something else and I just sort of ticked her off some more. Wasn't a good Idea to mess with momma that time!! OOOHHH well, live and learn right?:wink2:

At least when your Center Manager is all set to rip you a new one you can have a shop steward present. With a wife, we are all alone and there is no contract and we have no rights to representation or progressive discipline or even innocent-until-proven-guilty. We have only the right to beg for forgiveness.

My Dad used to tell me, " Son, when you find yourself in a hole the first thing you do is stop digging."

tieguy

Banned
I had an interesting conversation with someone today. We were discussing our rights to free speech. The conversation turned to free speech at work vs free speech at home. I felt that we had limited rights to free speech at work, due to the various rules and regulations than can be enforced by ones employer. I also felt that we had full freedoms of speech, when we are no longer at work.

The person I was speaking with felt the same as I did about freedom of speech, at work. As far as when we leave work, they seemed to think that we were limited in our speech, as far as anything we say about our employer. Intimating that one may be terminated for what one says about their employer, even when not on the clock/job.

I'd like to hear what we, here at the Brown Cafe, feel about this issue?

this thread now rings hollow after your efforts to inhibit my free speech on another thread.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
this thread now rings hollow after your efforts to inhibit my free speech on another thread.
Your freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to parent someone elses children. And this thread is a good case in point. There are consequences for opening you mouth and inserting your foot.

UPSNewbie

Your freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to parent someone elses children. And this thread is a good case in point. There are consequences for opening you mouth and inserting your foot.

But but but, Dilli, Tie said that because he has children of his own, he DOES have the right to parent others.

Quoted for truth.

MechanicForBrown

At least when your Center Manager is all set to rip you a new one you can have a shop steward present. With a wife, we are all alone and there is no contract and we have no rights to representation or progressive discipline or even innocent-until-proven-guilty. We have only the right to beg for forgiveness.

SO true!:happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"Freedom of Speech"; When am I "Free", to speak my mind?

Seems like it was that period after leaving my parents home and getting married ... hard to remember.

stucrew

I had a talk with my B.A. on Saturday. He tells me that I needn't worry about what I say on here. I did explain what I had said, and he said he didn't see what the fuss was, as I was only telling it like "I" saw it. I didn't harass or lie about anything or anyone, and I didn't expose any trade secrets. He did say that he could see why UPS would have a problem with me taking pictures of their technology, I.E. DIADS, PAS/EDD equipment and the "inside" of pkg cars.

I started taking pictures of papers posted over the diad racks. The center manager was putting frowny faces and other disparaging remarks about drivers performance, non-scans and other types of report sheet issues. He saw me taking a picture and said I couldn't take pictures. I said I could. He offered to make copies of the postings. I said I wanted them for the Union officials to see. He said he had already sent them copies. Amazingly he stopped posting crap like that though.

tieguy

Banned
I guess photos are a form of expressiom ... just like speech.

Judgment should be used.

May not be fair but life is not fair sometimes.

I'm kind of surprised at since you in the communications venue.

to me the answer is real simple. when you take a job you represent the employer and basically have to conform to his rules.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
This is a lot of anti-Commander-in-Chief chatter. We should be proud of the person that we voted for (not me)...

Theichii

some examples of when you are not free to speak your mind:

1. When you are a general in the U.S. Army, you can't talk bad about your boss, and keep your position.
2. When you make the money and decide you need to change your oil and the wife says it's not in her budget.
3. When the wife is being a well, (and sorry to all the females) a woman.