Freeze on uniforms?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by AMJ_SLAYER, May 9, 2015.

AMJ_SLAYER New Member

We haven't been able to get new uniforms at my ramp in forever. Apparently there's been a freeze for some reason. I can't imagine fedex can't come up with the money to supply its employees with actual clothing. All the new employees are being yelled at for not wearing the uniforms but they don't seem to be coming through the mail when we ordered them months ago.
  2. Artee

Artee Active Member

I see Ramp employees all the time in their street clothes. Heck the only ones that wear uniforms have been the ones that have been there a long time. When ramp people now days only stay for 4 months why waste money on uniforms? The turn over out there is constant. TSA are the only people that really care so they can identify you.
  3. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

I sure hope this ain't so. I really need my FedEx shorts to arrive a.s.a.p.
  4. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

The freeze starts with your Senior Manager. He probably just doesn't want to have it come out of his budget or HIS boss is not approving it.

I got two sweatshirts and two shirts about two months ago.
  5. We can't order any uniforms either. Wtf?
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

Shorts?.....should've ordered them last November.
  7. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

yup order winter stuff now... summer stuff during peak
  8. Artee

Artee Active Member

The fiscal year ends in a few weeks. No one is spending any money right now.
  9. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

It's a free for all around here, the new fancy shirts, under armor type layers, safety toe boot reimbursement...hats for everyone.. we even got fancy little fedex planes to give to our favorite customers.

AMJ_SLAYER New Member

I'm honestly about to freak out. I'm beginning to ruin jeans and I stand out like a sore thumb because our bitch of a senior manager won't order uniforms. We have a donation closet but all they have is winter clothes and it's getting pretty hot where I live.
  11. I work at UPS and they won't let us order any uniforms until next month. Guess a billion in profit wasn't enough?
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The new uniforms are so well made they never wear out. Didn't you know that?
  13. They are complete :censored2:ing garbage. They are not saving any money by going cheaper.

The only reason I would trade my old ones in,because they got stained.

The new one are lucky to make it a year....tops.

If I didn't have so many uniforms, they wouldn't last that long!
  14. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Active Member

My ops manager recommends wearing ragged out uniforms so that he can override spending limits, and force order replacements based on need. Is this company nuts, or what?
  15. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

You must prove everything with this company. Prove that you broke your arm, sorry an X-ray isn't proof we need to see the bone
  16. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

I wore my worst uniforms for weeks, and the SM finally had the office girl process my uniform order, which was months old. Worst part is, we have seven members of one family in this station, one of whom does the ordering. That family always seems to have brand new uniforms, while the rest of us are in rags. I brought that up in the last station meeting, and had seven sets of eyes staring me down! LOL
  17. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I thought it was bad that we have a married couple of CRRs at our sta.
  18. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

Lawd, Thanksgiving with that clan must be hell....
  19. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Why would you want to work with your family? I worked with my brother for about a year. Never again!

AMJ_SLAYER New Member

Yeah a lot of families love working together at fedex. You know what they say, a family that gets stacks together stays together