Freeze on uniforms?

AMJ_SLAYER

We haven't been able to get new uniforms at my ramp in forever. Apparently there's been a freeze for some reason. I can't imagine fedex can't come up with the money to supply its employees with actual clothing. All the new employees are being yelled at for not wearing the uniforms but they don't seem to be coming through the mail when we ordered them months ago.

Artee

I see Ramp employees all the time in their street clothes. Heck the only ones that wear uniforms have been the ones that have been there a long time. When ramp people now days only stay for 4 months why waste money on uniforms? The turn over out there is constant. TSA are the only people that really care so they can identify you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The freeze starts with your Senior Manager. He probably just doesn't want to have it come out of his budget or HIS boss is not approving it.

I got two sweatshirts and two shirts about two months ago.

SmithBarney

It's a free for all around here, the new fancy shirts, under armor type layers, safety toe boot reimbursement...hats for everyone.. we even got fancy little fedex planes to give to our favorite customers.

I'm honestly about to freak out. I'm beginning to ruin jeans and I stand out like a sore thumb because our bitch of a senior manager won't order uniforms. We have a donation closet but all they have is winter clothes and it's getting pretty hot where I live.
I work at UPS and they won't let us order any uniforms until next month. Guess a billion in profit wasn't enough?

The new uniforms are so well made they never wear out. Didn't you know that?
They are complete :censored2:ing garbage. They are not saving any money by going cheaper.

The only reason I would trade my old ones in,because they got stained.

The new one are lucky to make it a year....tops.

If I didn't have so many uniforms, they wouldn't last that long!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
My ops manager recommends wearing ragged out uniforms so that he can override spending limits, and force order replacements based on need. Is this company nuts, or what?

SmithBarney

My ops manager recommends wearing ragged out uniforms so that he can override spending limits, and force order replacements based on need. Is this company nuts, or what?
You must prove everything with this company. Prove that you broke your arm, sorry an X-ray isn't proof we need to see the bone

whenIgetthere

I wore my worst uniforms for weeks, and the SM finally had the office girl process my uniform order, which was months old. Worst part is, we have seven members of one family in this station, one of whom does the ordering. That family always seems to have brand new uniforms, while the rest of us are in rags. I brought that up in the last station meeting, and had seven sets of eyes staring me down! LOL