Freeze on uniforms?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
They are complete :censored2:ing garbage. They are not saving any money by going cheaper.

The only reason I would trade my old ones in,because they got stained.

The new one are lucky to make it a year....tops.

If I didn't have so many uniforms, they wouldn't last that long!

God forbid, you're tall and order the longer jacket shirts.

You'll probably end up with shirts made in Bangladesh and you can bet the farm, they'll be short the bottom button.

Like I wanted to go to work looking like an east L.A. cholo...

RedAngel

New uniforms are expected to arrived next year due to the new redesign imagewear is creating.according to the company ordering catalog the company (imagewear)will be completely phasing out the old jackets vest etc for a completely new design just like the new shirts that are suppose to last longer.In California by law the company has to buy you everything every year including pants is not they get fine.But there telling to hold off on the ordering to avoid getting stuck with the old logo designs.

It will be fine

They've been advertising the new design to Ground, but when you order you still get the old stuff. They are having us buy all the old inventory before they roll out the new stuff.

SmithBarney

Honestly you can't order the old style polo style shirts any more(you can order the shirt jacks, button up style) otherwise all couriers were required to order and have 5-7 of the new style shirts with the logo going down the sleeve(like the style from a few years back,but on a nicer material)

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Remember a few years ago when those people put a freeze on everything? lol We literally ran out of paper towels and soap in the bathrooms.
yeah, I wiped my bum with extra copies of 'From the Chairman' and then rubbed my unwashed hands all over the managers' offices doorknobs.

Purplepackage

Honestly you can't order the old style polo style shirts any more(you can order the shirt jacks, button up style) otherwise all couriers were required to order and have 5-7 of the new style shirts with the logo going down the sleeve(like the style from a few years back,but on a nicer material)

I just got 3 new polos and none of them have the logo on the sleeve

Serf

You have to ask for uniforms BEFORE the SFA. Otherwise you will never get them. I failed to do this and I got denied, despite it being my third year of employment and never ordering more uniforms after my initial issue. I got shorts by taking my pants to the tailor in town and I got short sleeve polos the same way. The old Korean man in town is a fantastic tailor. And it only cost me 15 bucks. Also, despite working and making it thru two of the harshest winters on record in the Northeast, I still have yet to score the coveted winter coat. Next SFA season perhaps I will try and barter for one.

Purplepackage

You have to ask for uniforms BEFORE the SFA. Otherwise you will never get them. I failed to do this and I got denied, despite it being my third year of employment and never ordering more uniforms after my initial issue. I got shorts by taking my pants to the tailor in town and I got short sleeve polos the same way. The old Korean man in town is a fantastic tailor. And it only cost me 15 bucks. Also, despite working and making it thru two of the harshest winters on record in the Northeast, I still have yet to score the coveted winter coat. Next SFA season perhaps I will try and barter for one.

The winter coats are overrated honestly they make it hard to move. I prefer layers and the vest over that coat, I've been wearing a plain blue hoodie for 5 years cost me 15 bucks at a department store and no one has ever said anything

Serf

The winter coats are overrated honestly they make it hard to move. I prefer layers and the vest over that coat, I've been wearing a plain blue hoodie for 5 years cost me 15 bucks at a department store and no one has ever said anything
I do see a lot of Dickies blue work pants and navy blue plain tees around. Management probably notices but lets it slide because it's an attempt at least looking right. And than they have plausible deniability if the Senior calls them out.

overflowed

Don't do that MW, they should be providing you with uniforms. This is what you do if you clothes is worn and faded and you look like shiitee. Deliberately tear or break it and then tell them you need a new whatever, they will get it for you. A while back they would not replace or order anything unless it was visually broken. Guess some places it's still the same.

SmithBarney

I just got 3 new polos and none of them have the logo on the sleeve

They are made out of some sort of "wicking" fabric looks like a football jersey, we have flyers up all over that say "new look" etc...
The look kinda like this one, except navy/purple with a pocket.
1325096269-z1360-black-tomato-m.jpg

Last edited:

FedUpRTD

My manager's monthly uniform budget is so small that one guy ordering some shirts wipes out all of the budget for that month. It took me nearly three months just to get a new belt. If you need something, you better know it months in advance so you can get on the waiting list.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My manager's monthly uniform budget is so small that one guy ordering some shirts wipes out all of the budget for that month. It took me nearly three months just to get a new belt. If you need something, you better know it months in advance so you can get on the waiting list.
Some Fortune 500 company. They are well beyond "dangerously cheap."

Sure glad they had that extra 4 billion + burning a hole in their pockets to purchase TNT.

FedUpRTD

Some Fortune 500 company. They are well beyond "dangerously cheap."

Sure glad they had that extra 4 billion + burning a hole in their pockets to purchase TNT.

You couldn't be more correct! If anything needs to be replaced or repaired at my location, it sure won't happen for months or years. FedEx has turned itself into a nickel and dime outfit that is only concerned with shareholder return.