Freight contract is a JOKE !!!!!!!!

Shooter

All you Freight guys shut the hell up! You should be happy you have a job! UPS bought your sorry ass company or your ass would be driving for some sorry as little company. I still don't understand why UPS bought your sorry ass company! Should of let it go down the toilet because all we have gotten in return is the same sorry ass freight drivers wearing a different uniform. Go ahead and vote no-who cares!You can be replaced as easily as UPS bought you. Go work for somebody else and stop bringing our company down!

Jdog I am getting the big picture ,anybody that can add and subtract could understand it and ScottBrown good comeback spoken like a true company man

Here is one for you Hoaxster, Freight drivers are more qualified with the hazmat endorsment that Package drivers do not possess. That alone makes them eligible for the same compensation.

Yep,we have to learn the Hazmat regulations and deal with the consequences if they aren't followed. You roll down the road with the wrong placard on a trailer and you could be looking at a 25,000.00 fine and a felony. The luxury of hauling hazmat also comes with a FBI background check, you don't pass, you don't work! There's also the danger of being hurt by the hazmat if you are in an accident. I know a lot of CDL who drivers want nothing to do with Hazmat.

Lexington Ky, Local 651
​Voted to not support UPSFG contract saturday night with a 99% vote NO

I just quoted your post to our shop steward and he said to stop spreading rumors, that nobody's voted yet. Did you guys on the other side of the country get ballots sooner. I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to present him with some other facts. He's the 1st freight driver I've come across that likes the contract.

scottbrown68 You got a big mouth when yer at a typewriter. I'll bet you got a tinnie W*&%e.
I love how some meatheads have to get personal to try to win an argument. Seems like you're trying to promote dissent between freight and parcel.

Last edited:
Hazmat.
Using your theory, Cartage drivers should earn more than freight drivers and package drivers. Cartage drivers need to understand DOT and IATA hazmat. Trust me the cost of flying hazmat is more than moving it LTL. Flying hazmat is a cash cow.

What the hell; using your lame entitlement theory, Cartage drivers also need to be aware of "wood stamps" on shipments moving overseas.

I'm not sure what you mean by Cartage Drivers need to understand hazmat. In UPS Freight we have pickup and delivery drivers that go out and pick up the hazmat from a customer, bring it back to the terminal where it's loaded and taken cross country by road drivers. As a road driver I haul hazmat just about every day.

One thing P&D drivers don't have to do is go thru weigh stations with DOT officers who are looking for any reason to climb up your *****.

Shooter

I just quoted your post to our shop steward and he said to stop spreading rumors, that nobody's voted yet. Did you guys on the other side of the country get ballots sooner. I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to present him with some other facts. He's the 1st freight driver I've come across that likes the contract.
The members that came to the meeting voted not to support the contact and the ones that didn't come to the meeting had already made up there minds:Lexington Ky employees will not support this contract nor will the ex.committee , And anybody that does support this contract better enjoy it because they won't get a chance to vote on another one,in 5 yrs they won't be driving for ups if they are it will be for 42cpm

If ScottBrown68 is management, he must be pretty low on the totem poll if he doesn't understand why UPS bought a freight division. As anyone with any knowledge of the logistics industry understands, all the big players have rounded out their portfolio of service offerings to sell to potential clients as a one stop shop. Get a clue ScottBrown68!

Gideon129

at freight we make more money then any other company in the industry, and even if this deal manages to pass we still will at the end or it. the deal isnt that bad except for the LHD position, imho that part needs to go. some of the language could be made clearer also,there is too much of the contract that could be called a "grey area " like the last contract . ups has turned this company around weather you like to admit it or not. under overnite the doors would have closed, now we are turning a industry high profit.

freight is turning a higher profit then any other LtL company in the industry , UPS - Investor Relations - Earnings News Release

Shooter

at freight we make more money then any other company in the industry, and even if this deal manages to pass we still will at the end or it. the deal isnt that bad except for the LHD position, imho that part needs to go. some of the language could be made clearer also,there is too much of the contract that could be called a "grey area " like the last contract . ups has turned this company around weather you like to admit it or not. under overnite the doors would have closed, now we are turning a industry high profit.

freight is turning a higher profit then any other LtL company in the industry , UPS - Investor Relations - Earnings News Release
36 REASONS WHY THE UPS FREIGHT
TENTATIVE CONTRACT AGREEMENT "MUST" BE REJECTED
4. 2-Hour Show Up Pay
5. Company Retains All Rights
6. Accidents
7. Timeliness
8. Grievance Panels
9. Equipment & Safety
10. DOT Medical Examinations
11. Penalty Pay
12. Altered Start Times
13. Premium Pay
14. When Put to Work
15. 6th Punches
16. 7th Punches
17. Retaliation
18. Medical Disqualifications
19. Medical Benefits
20. Discretionary Days
21. Non-Service Days
22. 152nd Vacation Pay
23. 156 Reports
24. Vacation Selections
25. Vacation Pay for Dock w/CDL
26. Unused Vacation Time / Pay
for Employees who Resign /
Terminated
27. Pension
28. General Wage Increases
29. Meal Period
30. Breaks
31. Daily Guarantees
32. Progression
33. Shift Differentials
34. Paid for Time
35. Subcontracting
36. New Classification: Line Haul
Driver (LHD)
And I'm sure somethings were missed like It's the first offer and if this contract isn't a kick ass contract you may witness the down fall of the teamster union .reason for this is no one will touch us with a ten foot pole with this lousy of a contract , they can get that on there own they don't need us .we ask for more des. days and yea they gave us one and took a floating holiday I .Really dude are kiddin me Another freight driver

lexilulu

I agree but until all these cry babies that take the companies abuse and do what they want them to do running scared,working through lunch,not taking their breaks,never attending the union meetings and never knowing what the hell is going on? Yeah those are our brothers and sisters that only get involved when it's convenient and the **** is going to hit the fan.

Shooter

I worked as a hub hog about 30 yrs ago and made the mistake and thought I was tuff(can't blame UPS they warned me said it would the hardest job I would ever have ....and guess what they were right)but anyway we unloaded trailers thousands packages off and i think the lowest price per package was $7.00 min. and I'll bet some of the trailers had 7,500 packages ,so I can tell you from exp. we work 4 hours a day and it was hump hump hump and then hump some more and started out at 17.00 +an hr. I did come away with an epiphany.................You guys work way too hard ...........working freight now ......

Skeeters

I hate agreeing with a former UPS corporate employee, but Hoaxster is right. There simply isn't the same amount of revenue in freight as there is in small package and the industry has been living through a real "race to the bottom" (in regards to wages and total compensation) over the last 30 years. It will take time to build on the UPS Freight contract, it won't happen OverNite.

Unbelievable statement... Did you read the contract? Words have meanings...