Frequency of Local General Membership Meetings

Inthegame

To anyone, I am reading the bylaws of a Teamster Local and it states that there shall be Four General Membership meetings held yearly. There was some discussion last week on the BC about this and some strong feelings were shared. I got the feeling the person was implying that these Bylaws might be in violation of the IBT Constitution. Anyone able to add to this or offer an opinion on this? Sincerely, I
A quarterly mtg bylaw does not violate the IBT Constitution. The IBT Constitution requires quarterly membership mtgs at a minimum. Trustees are required to review the books monthly with that review sent to the IBT, however monthly mtgs are routinely "suspended" for summer months and trustees still review monthly.
​I second 407's motion.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local, which is located in Potsdam, covers centers which are about 90 miles away from one another. We have meetings each month (except for the summer) on a rotating basis. Contract and other special meetings are held as needed. Our local represents many different employers but the meetings primarily focus on UPS issues. Attendance, other than for contract meetings, is usually quite low, even for the meetings held locally.

Inthegame

Our local, which is located in Potsdam, covers centers which are about 90 miles away from one another. We have meetings each month (except for the summer) on a rotating basis. Contract and other special meetings are held as needed. Our local represents many different employers but the meetings primarily focus on UPS issues. Attendance, other than for contract meetings, is usually quite low, even for the meetings held locally.
Hello Upstate, good to see you posting again. I'm working on getting up to 1000 posts so you'll converse with me. Glad you're back.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
his next thread will be about penis size. Do you think 4 and a half inches is enough. My wife says it is. I'm thinking about trying natural male enhancement. What do you think?

Sincerely

​I

Natural male enhancement!
honey-boo-boos-mom-dancing-with-the-stars-the-jasmine-brand-595x377.jpg
honey-boo-boos-mom-dancing-with-the-stars-the-jasmine-brand-595x377.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Our local covers the entire state of Wisconsin. The general meetings are held in Milwaukee. That's a 5 or 6 hour drive for some of the northern folks.