Friday 8.0/OH

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

Nice form,but the company has no reason to acknowledge it as it's not the form specified by the Union,with the Local Letterhead.
Your local should provide you with the forms, use these and file if you dont get your request.

stink219

Our 8 hour requests are handwritten and are usually one sentence long. "I, (insert your name here), request an 8 hour dispatch on (insert date here)." (Signature and printed name)
That's how ours used to be. I changed it due to managers misinterpretation of language. If they deny it now, it's of the understanding that they agree to a penalty.

stink219

Nice form,but the company has no reason to acknowledge it as it's not the form specified by the Union,with the Local Letterhead.
Your local should provide you with the forms, use these and file if you dont get your request.
8 hour slips and grievances do NOT, in anyway, need to be on union letter head. You need to brush up on your labor laws. I already stated that I filed a grievance from a bar napkin. The driver was paid 250.00 in overtime because of it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
8 hour slips and grievances do NOT, in anyway, need to be on union letter head. You need to brush up on your labor laws. I already stated that I filed a grievance from a bar napkin. The driver was paid 250.00 in overtime because of it.

Practices must vary from locals and regions,<shrug>
If that is attempted in my area it'd be tossed out

stink219

Practices must vary from locals and regions,<shrug>
If that is attempted in my area it'd be tossed out
The NLRB might have an issue with that. It's law. Not a practice of opinion.