Friday Accidents and Inguries.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Has anyone else been getting this on Fridays.

1/3 of all injuries and accidents happen on Fridays and it seems UPS is clueless as to why this might the case.

It I am sure it can not have any thing to do with by Friday many have already put in 40 hours before they clock in for one more day.

It I am sure it can not have any thing to do with cutting routes on Friday and knowing, hoping even, that drivers will run and gun to get in and start the weekend.

I have said it before I will say it again, we are being run by idiots.

JL 0513

My center manager has mentioned this on a couple of Fridays for the last couple months. Different theories on this. One points to more people on the road. For some reason, lot's of people seem to get Friday off, or a half day. Never had a job like that! And yes, a lot of guys may work faster.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My center manager has mentioned this on a couple of Fridays for the last couple months. Different theories on this. One points to more people on the road. For some reason, lot's of people seem to get Friday off, or a half day. Never had a job like that! And yes, a lot of guys may work faster.

​It really is amazing how many people are on the road by 2 pm Friday.

JL 0513

​It really is amazing how many people are on the road by 2 pm Friday.

We call it flex Friday around here. In our affluent delivery area 3 day weekends are the norm.

I've noticed this for years and have always wondered what types of jobs these are. Thing is, all these people are also on the road at 4, 5pm every other day. Must be nice. I've been working 6-7 days a week my whole life.

brownIEman

Has anyone else been getting this on Fridays.

1/3 of all injuries and accidents happen on Fridays and it seems UPS is clueless as to why this might the case.

It I am sure it can not have any thing to do with by Friday many have already put in 40 hours before they clock in for one more day.

It I am sure it can not have any thing to do with cutting routes on Friday and knowing, hoping even, that drivers will run and gun to get in and start the weekend.

I have said it before I will say it again, we are being run by idiots.

First, UPS is not at all clueless as to reasons for this statistic. There are many theories floated around all the time.
Second, millions of drivers drive safely for long distances after working 40 hours.
Third, we do not cut any more routes on a Friday than any other day of the week- #'s of routes is driven by
SPC, which is driven by historical volume and performance trends - it is not based on day of the week.

You may well be in an area where you are being run by idiots. Which means you willingly took a job where you
have to do as you are directed... by idiots.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
First, UPS is not at all clueless as to reasons for this statistic. There are many theories floated around all the time.
Second, millions of drivers drive safely for long distances after working 40 hours.
Third, we do not cut any more routes on a Friday than any other day of the week- #'s of routes is driven by
SPC, which is driven by historical volume and performance trends - it is not based on day of the week.

You may well be in an area where you are being run by idiots. Which means you willingly took a job where you
This is true, but the first part...You say
"UPS is not at all clueless as to reasons for this statistic. There are many theories floated around all the time"
So what are the theories and, which are true and which aren't?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?

Your building must be nice. My building we all increase our stop counts by 10 to 15 stops on Friday, send a bunch of guys home.