Friday Dec. 26th 2014

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The UPS schedule says:
****Delivery of air and international shipments only. Normal pickup of ground, air and international shipments.
So anyone know what's the deal.
Usually it's a very light day. Lots of R-days given. But no ground deliveries?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Usually it's a regular day. We don't make pickups on 12/24 so it's just cleaning up the mess. I plan on using a vacation day.

The UPS schedule says:
****Delivery of air and international shipments only. Normal pickup of ground, air and international shipments.
So anyone know what's the deal.
Usually it's a very light day. Lots of R-days given. But no ground deliveries?
They will cut routes,likme crazy. Many of my customers,are taking a long weekend.

Same goes,for the week after.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Usually it's a regular day. We don't make pickups on 12/24 so it's just cleaning up the mess. I plan on using a vacation day.

I plan on working 12/21 so I can take 12/26 off.

I already put in to use my last pH that day.

I may be wrong but I think you will be paid for any remaining personal and/or sick days this week and thus will not have any left to take that day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Putting up the drywall day. Lots of screws going in as routes are cut and pickups have to be made. Sure, you can do your regular route and be fine, but that won't happen. No, a split from your route will be on someone else, as you will have to go over to the next route to do stops and pickups.

DOK

They will cut routes,likme crazy. Many of my customers,are taking a long weekend.

Same goes,for the week after.

Bet it's easier than you think. I think they'll be backing off their aggressiveness of cutting routes, you just never know the volume that day will bring. With last years Xmas fail by ups I think things have changed.

Indecisi0n

Bet it's easier than you think. I think they'll be backing off their aggressiveness of cutting routes, you just never know the volume that day will bring. With last years Xmas fail by ups I think things have changed.
Things have changed this year. UPS wasn't messing around this time and so far we been ready.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You guys are missing my point. This is my 27th peak, so I know what we have done in the past.
But the UPS schedule says NDA and international deliveries only and regular pick up service. That's different than we have done in the past.
Why no ground deliveries?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If this is the case. I will take the 4 day weekend. I will use my last day ck. I save one. Will take unpaid for day after new years. 4 off 2 on 5 off. Then steady work till memorial day week