Friday Dec. 26th 2014

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If this is the case. I will take the 4 day weekend. I will use my last day ck. I save one. Will take unpaid for day after new years. 4 off 2 on 5 off. Then steady work till memorial day week
Exactly what I was thinking.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You guys are missing my point. This is my 27th peak, so I know what we have done in the past.
But the UPS schedule says NDA and international deliveries only and regular pick up service. That's different than we have done in the past.
Why no ground deliveries?

The 26th will be air products, whatever ground did not get delivered on the 24th and regular pickup service.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I plan on working 12/21 so I can take 12/26 off.

I may be wrong but I think you will be paid for any remaining personal and/or sick days this week and thus will not have any left to take that day.
What? This isn't the BOG. When you get your new sick and personals depends on your local. 804 gets theirs the first week of May. I have plenty of days left to take off Dec 26th.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
Exactly what I was thinking.
I'm using my last vacation day for the 26th and then I'm on vacation for the next week. Seniority has it's privileges:wootsmiley:.

I may be wrong but I think you will be paid for any remaining personal and/or sick days this week and thus will not have any left to take that day.
Yep, you're wrong. I got paid for my remaining days last week, but they are still available to take as unpaid days off.

Rainman

Its all good.
I plan on working 12/21 so I can take 12/26 off.

It is established practice to honor all unused days, even if they have been paid off, if the request has been put in on time. Thus, they will give me that Friday off as I have put in for it 8 days (or more) in advance. I've done this for the last 10 years, never an issue.

It is established practice to honor all unused days, even if they have been paid off, if the request has been put in on time. Thus, they will give me that Friday off as I have put in for it 8 days (or more) in advance. I've done this for the last 10 years, never an issue.
100% correct. All unused days,must be honored first. If a senior driver puts In for a day off,and he used his all up. You have one left. Yours must be honored first.

O

OLDMAN3

Remember...
If you work Sunday the 21st, this will be the 6th punch and be paid at time and a half for most of us.
In effect UPS is shifting the workweek to Sunday-Thursday (Thursday being a paid holiday).
Would a vacation day/Personal day be paid at the overtime rate?

brostalss

Light day with lots of down time. Extra long nap for me and maybe use my coupons at Dick's Sporting Goods.

They override all the except this and that brands on the back. Major savings. Hehe.