From my home town.

over9five

Staff member
According to Wikepedia (we all know you can't believe everything on there) "Death Vally Days" was on radio from 1930 to 1945. It ran on TV as a weekly show from 1952 to 1975 with Ronald (Ray-Gun) Ragen as one of a half dozen hosts of the show. Death Vally is a fasinating place to visit. .........................but not in the summer:peaceful:

uhhh.....actually, I meant Cheech and Chongs 'Up in Smoke' is a classic....!

rod

Retired 22 years
Was it "Up in Smoke" when the policeman asks Cheech for his license and he says, 'Isn't it still back on the bumper man? Definitely a classic.

That and when they roll down the window on their Cheive and the smoke just pours out:wink2:

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Over is right.
If you like I can find some stats that pretty much makes it clear that we (citizens of the USA) would be better off to pay a little more for a head of lettuce than what we have to pay in taxes to supply our ILLEGAL (read criminal) "quests" in public assistance.

I agree, as I stated in a thread awhile back, they have taken all the construction jobs that are left here. (Shame on the contractors) and both of my boys had to move away to make a living.

Then...this last week one son brought his two little kids to celebrate their birthdays and a 19 year old hispanic ran a red light and hit him. The guy climbed out the window, some others in another car honked and he ran and got in with them and they drove off. Somehow the police found the name of the driver and the car was registered in another person's name, they got the phone # of the owner. I called to see about insurance (the police report said none) they don't speak much English say it's not their problem, they don't know where the driver is, they work all day they don't have time to find him.

So we are out a car, maybe literally, it may be totalled and we owe more than they will pay. Even if it's fixed we're out the deductible, plus a rental and he missed a week of work to boot. I intend to pursue it the best I can to get the money from either the driver or owner of the car. I told them they were breaking the law if they didn't have insurance and they wouldn't have a problem if they have insurance, they said they do, but how do I get them to understand what I want and get the information?

Is there any recourse other than legal? Would it do any good? They are probably here illegally and will just ignore everything and nothing will happen.

Any suggestions? Why do we have to deal with these people, I'm sick of it and sick of all those who defend them. I travel to latin american countries, I understand their circumstances, but what they are doing is NOT the answer and only causes problems here, rather than solving problems there.

Don't take anymore time till you report it to your insurance. Give them the info you have and they will pursue the owner of the other vehicle.
This kind of situation is why it is increasingly necessary to have "uninsured motorist" coverage through your own ins. co.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
The car is in the shop, we called the insurance right away, no problem there. The problem is I want the money I will be out, how do I get it? My insurance will only pursue their insurance co, if they have any and the police report says none.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The car is in the shop, we called the insurance right away, no problem there. The problem is I want the money I will be out, how do I get it? My insurance will only pursue their insurance co, if they have any and the police report says none.

You need to review your policy, most policies have "Uninsured/underinsured motorist" coverage for this type of situation. Do you have full coverage on the car, or only liability? If you have full coverage then at worst you will only be out the deductable.

over9five

Staff member

Is it legal in your state to have an uninsured car on the road? If nothing else, you could probably sue the owner.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Trying to find the owner, the owner does not live in state, lent to a friend to lent to a relative who lent to another relative. They know how to hide and work the system, their only fear is getting deported, that's why the driver ran. He is illegal and left the state.

Just how much good do you think a lawsuit would do if I could even find the owner? They hide and ignore, a judgement? Big deal!! They'll just move, ignore, hide like they've done since sneaking in this country illegally in the first place.

They are criminals period, how do you ever get compensation from a criminal?

And there are those (yes, many on this board) who defend them and make excuses. This is one big reason they need to be sent packing.