From Open shop/closed shop to orphans...

705red

Browncafe Steward
nice in less than a page no less :)

btw criticizing the "womens rights" movement and women in general are 2 very different things. many women share the same views as me.

So your saying the rights movement is all about abortion?
Your also saying that woman in general would want the government telling them what they can and cant do with their bodies?

and since you guys cant seem to get over your obsession with my personal life; i will tell you my wife (that i married at 18; yes she was pregnant) shares my views. i would never, ever ask her to go out into the workforce and abandon our child in a "daycare" and she would never do it :happy2:
Kudos for doing the right thing! I have 3 kids a 6 year old boy and 2 year old twins boy girl. And we could not get pregnant on our own, we looked into adoption after several years of infertilty. We decided to take a break from even trying to have kids and adopting, and than went back for more fertility, and this is how we came about having our children.

My wife like many that could not conceive was furious at others for aborting and not realizing what a gift they were cheating themselves from. Which i agree with to a point, no woman who has been raped should be forced to carry that child if she decides against it. We will not agree on this issue, even if we debate it for the next 50 years.

However refusing to join the union because some of your dues money goes to politicians that are pro life is just ridiculous. The teamsters also dontae to some republicans but i continue to belong, because its a small price to pay for our wages, benefits and the sacrafices of those that came before us that allow us to have everything that we do.

some1else

Banned
So your saying the rights movement is all about abortion?

no im saying that in order to realize the dream of the feminist abortion is necessary. completely different.

red seriously consider my previous post i wasnt being a smart ass;

>> i think if the teamsters have a vote tomorrow asking each member
1. get X% of your dues refunded that would have gone to political crap
2. let the union gives those dues to the DNC
we all know which option would win.

i think it is wrong that americans in union states are forced to have a portion of their wages garnished and given to a political party.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
i think it is wrong that americans in union states are forced to have a portion of their wages garnished and given to a political party.

No American is forced to have a portion of his wages "garnished".

You made a choice to accept employment at a union shop.

If you dont want to join a union, you can choose to work a a non-union shop.

Only 15% of jobs in the U.S are union. 85% of all jobs are free of any obligation to join a union or pay dues.

I think it is wrong that Americans in scab states are free to enjoy the full benefits of union employement while their coworkers pay their dues for them.

Jesus despised hypocrites.

No American is forced to have a portion of his wages "garnished".

You made a choice to accept employment at a union shop.
I made a choice to accept employment at UPS, the union just happened to come with the deal. (BTW, I chose to pay union dues when I started driving)

Only 15% of jobs in the U.S are union. 85% of all jobs are free of any obligation to join a union or pay dues.
Sober you are sounding just like UPS management here. "If you don't like the number of hours you are having to work, apply at McDonalds." Honestly Sober I expected better.
I think it is wrong that Americans in scab states are free to enjoy the full benefits of union employement while their coworkers pay their dues for them.
What keeps UPS from paying non-union employees a lower wage? Not the Teamsters.

Can ya give me chapter, book and verse on this?

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I made a choice to accept employment at UPS, the union just happened to come with the deal. (BTW, I chose to pay union dues when I started driving)

Driving, packages, brown uniforms, and BS also "happened to come with the deal". These, along with the Union, were not added, but part of the employ that you, all of us, accepted.

Driving, packages, brown uniforms, and BS also "happened to come with the deal". These, along with the Union, were not added, but part of the employ that you, all of us, accepted.

You are correct that all those do come along with the job, however the BS was not disclosed. I did however realize that some BS comes with all jobs (that's why they are called JOBS) I just didn't understand how deep that BS piles up on a daily basis. That's one reason I feel it is my responsibility to inform all newbies of the potential.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
You are correct that all those do come along with the job, however the BS was not disclosed. I did however realize that some BS comes with all jobs (that's why they are called JOBS) I just didn't understand how deep that BS piles up on a daily basis. That's one reason I feel it is my responsibility to inform all newbies of the potential.

Good point. They should somehow work in "BS" into the job description.

some1else

Banned
thats why i live in a right to work state; i can work for whoever i want; and no third party (besides the government) can steal money from me.

soberups do you want to speak for all of the union autoworkers; do you think they will take my "scab" tax dollars? do you think the rust belt is paying for these bailouts?

jesus didnt even "despise" judas. i dont think he would despise me for not wanting to support abortion.