From The Chairman: Peak Strategy 2014

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
and just when ya thought ol' Fredziwig and Co. couldn't stoop any lower, they always seem to manage to come around and out-do themselves. This one definitely originates straight out of the 'What Can We Do To Piss Them Off Now?' Dept. I mean honestly, what's next?.......gonna re-instate jumpseat - for newhires only?

This one even trumps the classic 'let's pay certain locations 15% til the end of January - then it's return to the table scraps' stunt.

Can't wait to see what humdinger of a morale-booster this joke of a 'Best Places To Work' outfit comes out with next....one thing's a certainty - my wait won't be a long one.

Their "strategy" this Peak is to be reactive instead of proactive...just like always. It doesn't even cross their minds that paying temps more than regular employees would piss people off. It just isn't within their reality, which is a cubicle somewhere in Memphis totally devoid of contact with what's really happening in the field (utter chaos). A Boy Scout Troop provides more leadership than our entire organization.

This (Peak) is going to be even better than I thought.

dezguy

Peak has arrived in my truck with a bang this morning. Nhce to see customers ordering early. :)
Me too. Left 40 stops behind today. My manager looked like he was going to ask if I could take out some extra but I was in a bad mood this morning so he probably knew what the answer would be.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We got official word yesterday from our SM that we WILL be working Sunday the 21st. Not happy. I was mistaken about my state having a "day of rest statute". It was repealed. So in other words, FedEx can force us to work 10 days in a row.

When I asked SM about people going to church, his response was, "Go early, or after work. Or go Saturday night." The looney man actually thinks that we care enough about FedEx to give up our family time for the Company. He was surprised at the intense protestations. They just don't get it. WE DON'T GIVE A :censored2:.

We got official word yesterday from our SM that we WILL be working Sunday the 21st. Not happy. I was mistaken about my state having a "day of rest statute". It was repealed. So in other words, FedEx can force us to work 10 days in a row.

When I asked SM about people going to church, his response was, "Go early, or after work. Or go Saturday night." The looney man actually thinks that we care enough about FedEx to give up our family time for the Company. He was surprised at the intense protestations. They just don't get it. WE DON'T GIVE A :censored2:.
Show them,how slow you can work on a Sunday.

hypo hanna

Call in sick... What are they going to do, write you up?
Not like you can get the requisite doctors note.
If they don't like that, tell them you will get the note Monday. Of course this will require another sick day. I'm sure they can cover another open route on the 22nd.

dezguy

According to him, Sunday restarts the week and we would just be paid as day off.
So, then Saturday would have been your 7th day. Seems to me, you're either owed back pay or you should get double time on Sunday. I'd call your HR rep for clarification on that one because any time anyone has ever worked Sunday at my station, they got double time.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So, then Saturday would have been your 7th day. Seems to me, you're either owed back pay or you should get double time on Sunday. I'd call your HR rep for clarification on that one because any time anyone has ever worked Sunday at my station, they got double time.

HR guy is an even bigger idiot than my Sr.

5yearsleft

Sunday is your 1st scheduled day off, which is time & a half. If you had to work the following Saturday...that would be double time.