from the news *

OptimusPrime

Saw this article. In way, shape, or form can I see a solution to this problem. It's kind of one of those deals. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Maybe putting a helper on every car in a bad area, but even then, that's just a smokescreen. I don't want to encourage crooks to rob UPS drivers, but if someone comes up to me with the intent to harm me for the truck/packages, I will gladly show them how the fob works. Show them the location of the hand truck. If they need a briefer on driving a manual, I can help with that as well. Basically, no need to whup my ass.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Saw this article. In way, shape, or form can I see a solution to this problem. It's kind of one of those deals. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Maybe putting a helper on every car in a bad area, but even then, that's just a smokescreen. I don't want to encourage crooks to rob UPS drivers, but if someone comes up to me with the intent to harm me for the truck/packages, I will gladly show them how the fob works. Show them the location of the hand truck. If they need a briefer on driving a manual, I can help with that as well. Basically, no need to whup my ass.
I agree, and I will tell them the good stuff is on the shelves, not my pick ups, inside story. If they really cared about our safety, they would arrange routes, with the drivers help, and helper loads so drivers in dangerous areas could get in and out of these areas in daylight, at the very least. Problem is with the thugs these days, they would rather shoot you or disable you and worry about the rest later. But they dont ask for input anymore, and they worry about falling limbs.
I can count on one finger how many management people asked me if I have any problems, and I am on the rough side of town, and yes Ive been robbed, but no weapons, and no harm to me. I was lucky. Next time maybe not. But I can honestly say, no one cares. And I dont see it changing til one of us gets killed.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Top tip for anyone who wants to steal my package car, if you put a gun in my face you will get the keys.

Any driver who would do otherwise is really nuts. I dont care whats in my package car you can have it.

brown bomber

brown bomber
can we all say BS together....I was put on the road several times during extreme weather emergencies, where the only vehicles allowed on the road were POLICE, FIRE, E.M.S., and designated first responders the reasoning behind this was we were delivering medication..therefore we were "emergency" providers..that's safety for you

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Top tip for anyone who wants to steal my package car, if you put a gun in my face you will get the keys.

Any driver who would do otherwise is really nuts. I dont care whats in my package car you can have it.

They do not want your pkg car, and they do not want the keys. They want unfettered access, which we would all give. That does not mean if you give them that, that when they are all done, they will just drive away. In my case they did. Smarter thugs dont want witnesses left behind.

They do not want your pkg car, and they do not want the keys. They want unfettered access, which we would all give. That does not mean if you give them that, that when they are all done, they will just drive away. In my case they did. Smarter thugs dont want witnesses left behind.
Thank God you are ok.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
can we all say BS together....I was put on the road several times during extreme weather emergencies, where the only vehicles allowed on the road were POLICE, FIRE, E.M.S., and designated first responders the reasoning behind this was we were delivering medication..therefore we were "emergency" providers..that's safety for you

Lets face it, safety at UPS only counts when it works in favor of UPS.

Lets face it, safety at UPS only counts when it works in favor of UPS.
Or when you man up grow a set and take the bull by the horns. For every man like me there are like 278 me-sters who take it up the ass. I've fought hard for where I'm at its your turn bro.

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
I always fantasized about a situation in my old p800 smunching any reprobate loser
that crossed the line of permission in the door using the clutch,and physics.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Or when you man up grow a set and take the bull by the horns. For every man like me there are like 278 me-sters who take it up the ass. I've fought hard for where I'm at its your turn bro.

Agreed. Yes, UPS only cares about safety from a financial angle. Nothing new there. So you better carve out a space for yourself to make yourself safe. No shortcuts. Methods. I'm in feeders, and if the conditions are too dangerous to go on, I call in and tell them I'm parking it. Are they happy? No. Will they try talking me out of it? Of course. But who cares. If I were to wreck, the first thing they would ask, is "why didn't you stop?"

Quit trying to make safety run parallel to UPS's production numbers. They don't run side by side, people.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I live a mile from where the driver was held up at gun point, a lot of people were very surprised by what happned