From the: You cant make it up file

Nolimitz

missed the am presort meeting as usual cause I start late. Anyway we are undergoing uniform compliance issues. My mgr came up to me at the end of sort and told me I had to "paint" my shoes. Shaking my head I said why. response was that an inch of brown leather shows below my pant leg... If he had asked me to no longer wear these boots and wear totally black shoes, I would have said fine. But I sure as hell am not going to ruin a good pair of boots with black paint. What a bunch of morons. One guy was told not to wear a purple FEDEX t-shirt during sort. He sweats big time and changes into a black uni. shirt before leaving the bldg. So now he will stink all day if not changing... Another was flat out told if he didn't have black shoes tomorrow he would be sent home for the day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
missed the am presort meeting as usual cause I start late. Anyway we are undergoing uniform compliance issues. My mgr came up to me at the end of sort and told me I had to "paint" my shoes. Shaking my head I said why. response was that an inch of brown leather shows below my pant leg... If he had asked me to no longer wear these boots and wear totally black shoes, I would have said fine. But I sure as hell am not going to ruin a good pair of boots with black paint. What a bunch of morons. One guy was told not to wear a purple FEDEX t-shirt during sort. He sweats big time and changes into a black uni. shirt before leaving the bldg. So now he will stink all day if not changing... Another was flat out told if he didn't have black shoes tomorrow he would be sent home for the day.

Amazing. Perhaps you should ask them if you can paint your shirt and pants? Isn't this typical FedEx? Everything is falling apart, and they worry if your shoes are the right color.

Pimpedoutatjgx

Ya I remember that. Guys used black markers to black out the white on their shoes. Mgmt used to come around the belt checking the soles of our shoes and if they thot it was too worn out, would tell u to get another pair or u would get olcc or possibly a letter. They would come up to us and judge whether or uniforms complied. If your shorts were too long and the socks were high, no compliance. If you altered ur shirt in any way NC. If u had logos on ur socks NC. Wearing gray (silver gray) or purple long sleeve shirt under ur shirt NC. Too many tats showing on ur arms or ur guy with a lot of twists/braids NC. Where do I stop?

hypo hanna

WAD. Wouldn't that include wearing proper uniform?
Nah, just like Policy is open to interpretation by mgmt..... the wear on my shoes may appear extreme to them, but I believe I can get more mileage out of them. This is especially true seeing as how it comes out of my pocket to buy the next pair.
Most of what the drivers describe is just another form of harrassment.

FUFred

I had a Mgr tell me I had to tuck my shirt into my shorts, its policy son. I asked to see the policy. He came back to me and said here it is, read it. I don't remember exactly what the policy said, but I do remember this: The shirt could not go past the bottom part or my zipper on my pants or shorts. My shirt was about 2 inches above my zipper and was with in policy and it mentions nothing about being tucked in. His response was, " whatever", stormed off and said my shirt had to be ironed. I then yelled there isn't anything in the policy on ironing. This guy is now a senior.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a Mgr tell me I had to tuck my shirt into my shorts, its policy son. I asked to see the policy. He came back to me and said here it is, read it. I don't remember exactly what the policy said, but I do remember this: The shirt could not go past the bottom part or my zipper on my pants or shorts. My shirt was about 2 inches above my zipper and was with in policy and it mentions nothing about being tucked in. His response was, " whatever", stormed off and said my shirt had to be ironed. I then yelled there isn't anything in the policy on ironing. This guy is now a senior.

....and, based upon this post, you are still a maroon....

STFXG

Unprofessional? We aren't holding depositions... WGAS if your shoes are brown. Or your shirts untucked. Black socks look stupid too.

CJinx

Unprofessional? We aren't holding depositions... WGAS if your shoes are brown. Or your shirts untucked. Black socks look stupid too.
I think a delivery driver should have his or her shirt tucked in for professional appearance purposes. Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Express Uniform Policy requires black shoes. This has always been the case. It's pretty ironic that they are worrying about shoe color when a lot of employees are wearing tattered rags for uniforms. Another case of re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. The ship is already sinking, yet it is still considered to be unsinkable. Captain Smith and First Officer Thornton will discipline all crewmembers who are in violation of Deck Chair Policy.

overflowed

What shoe is acceptable? Did they say it has to be all black? I don't know any good shoe company that makes a comfortable all black shoe anymore. I mean most have a small silver stripe at least.

Jayhawk

New Balance....I don't see the problem with following the uniform policy. You look better by following it. I have a bunch of issues with this company but looking professional isn't one of them

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
New Balance....I don't see the problem with following the uniform policy. You look better by following it. I have a bunch of issues with this company but looking professional isn't one of them
I hear what you're saying, but the company shares some responsibility for our "professional" appearance as well. If they're unwilling to hold up their end, how can they expect us to hold up ours?

FUFred

....and, based upon this post, you are still a maroon....
Wow, tell me how you really feel. I take no offence to this because I got it every day from management. I’m I a maroon, no. I complete and total as hole, yes I am. I know that, so did all the other people I worked with, but a horse’s rear to only management and senior management. The drivers respected me and wnjoted working with me. I would never ever tell another driver no if they needed help. I stood up for myself and them. I said what they didn’t or couldn’t. I don’t have a mortgage, kids, or other responsibilities so many people have. I have a small apartment, drive a ford car, have normal utilities and college loans I’m paying back. I was making 36k a year at FedEx and it got by fine. I didn’t care if I kick dirt into the wrong person’s shoes. I would tell management I don’t care, when they used the threat tactics, because I didn’t. So, I was fired and very happy I was.

I refer my unemployment attorney to the fired souls and every single person has gotten his or her benefits so far. I did my tour for 9.5 years. I was a package handler, a part time ramp agent, a night driver, full time swing, did the aspire program then help with the Aim program, got into management. Well, almost. I didn’t pick my station yet, I was waiting for one I wanted, then fired. I was fired for not following the law of the land. I was fired because I wasn’t a Moran. I didn’t do the dumbest of things that FedEx wants everyone to do. I didn’t work as directed. I wasn’t going to, I wasn’t surprised that I was fired. In fact it was great, it really was. So many people are straight up scared because of the tactics FedEx uses. I questioned everything, I used my grey matter, the education I acquired through my 7 years of college. I can assure I am no Moran. Does my spelling suck, yes I’ll give you that.