Frozen snot

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This is just damn scary and a pathetic public image.
WalMart bike, tube frame trailer with plastic wheels, with less than 150lb load capacity, and not even painted any color close to Pullman brown.
The list of errors, in planning and engineering, is mind boggling to me.

Isn't there a brown bike in the UPS catalog. What, they won't buy their own junk?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
UPS Saves Money -- And Gains Good Will -- With Bike Deliveries

"People are like really happy to see us bike around," says Justin Hurst, 22, who rides a route in Palo Alto. "They like to see us not using cars."

Snot.....You're killing me!:funny:

But you're saving us a snot load of $..:greedy:

The regional office bought a fleet of bicycles with trailers ($700 per set) to replace the rentals in flat, bike-friendly neighborhoods, saving about $45,000 to $50,000 in fuel and maintenance costs.

It's 1907 all over again....:wink2:

Last edited:

dillweed

Come on, that picSNOT for real. I see a bit of a pkg car in there and feel the driver's hoaxing. Deliver to a bike place with a sense of humor and a in few minutes the scene could be created. Shop owner would get a kick out of it too.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
I think this will get the job done much faster, plus no one will dare get in the way, could use a brown down however :happy-very:.

Silva-web.jpg

well if they don't try to freeze us outside of the building this year they will certainly try to freeze us inside of the building by dropping the thermostats back to 40 degrees. tons of fun when your wrists and fingers tighten up doing clerical work, and getting wet doing car wash. while management sits in the nice warm 72 degree offices. what can brown do for you

blue efficacy

well if they don't try to freeze us outside of the building this year they will certainly try to freeze us inside of the building by dropping the thermostats back to 40 degrees. tons of fun when your wrists and fingers tighten up doing clerical work, and getting wet doing car wash. while management sits in the nice warm 72 degree offices. what can brown do for you
Get with OSHA, they'll fix that problem, they did in my building.

40 degrees? Serious? They're asking for burst pipes.

barnyard

KTM rider
Ya know, if they had mopeds or scooters pulling them trailers, I would trade my truck and go stuntin on 2 wheels. Cold or not, it would be a month of non-stop fun.

P

pickup

Meet my "independent bicycle helper". This guy has been showing up every morning to deliver around 40 stops out of a pup trailer we park behind the UPS store.

The temperature was 14 degrees when I took this photo. Wind gusts of up to 35mph have brought windchills down well below zero.

This guy is a real trooper. When I saw him yesterday, he had a mixture of frozen snot and frozen tears running down his face and crystallizing on his cheeks. He wears a baclava to keep his face warm and the condensation of his breath freezes up on it.

The other day a wind gust blew the bike off its kickstand and broke the plastic "hitch" under the seat that connects to the little trailer, so he had to walk off the stops and then push the bike back to the UPS store while dragging the trailer by hand until someone could get the part replaced.

Its supposed to "warm up" next week...to the upper 30's/low 40's with lots of rain. And we might get snow or freezing rain this weekend. This guy will go from being a popsicle to a drowned rat.

$9.50 an hour? We owe him more!