Fruit and vegtable markings

texan

I bought some tomatoes and noticed later they were from Canada from the marker on them.
Did some research on those markers.
532566_10150964301923920_1898032836_n.jpg

texan

Then there are those that say "Let's put a rumor to rest. No, the 5-digit PLU codes on produce do not tell you what
is genetically modified or natural. This urban legend has circulated long enough, even on the best of
websites.

The 4-digit PLU codes on the sometimes-pain-in-the-neck labels glued to apples, for example, tell the checkout
lady which is a small Fuji (4129) and which is a Honeycrisp (3283). She'll know what to charge you and the
inventory elves will know what's what. If there's a 5-digit code starting with 9, then it's organic.
Jeffrey Smith: PLU Codes Do Not Indicate Genetically Modified Produce

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The only tomatoes that are any good are Jersey's grown by the good ole boys down in South Jersey:Hammonton Vineland,Salem,Milville,Greenwich,.....Oh boy lightly fried jersey tomatoes with a pepper cream sauce....I think I will invite myself to mom's for dinner.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just picked about 8 tomatoes when we got home.....Goliath-type were the best this year. Picked a cuke too and sliced an onion and that was supper with oil & vinegar.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
We just picked about 8 tomatoes when we got home.....Goliath-type were the best this year. Picked a cuke too and sliced an onion and that was supper with oil & vinegar.
Did something similar yesterday peppers,onions,tomatoes,in olive oil with seasoning wrapped in tin foil on the grill while the filet mignon was cooking. Also had fresh jersey corn on the grill with butter and old bay.