FSA plan??????

huskervi

How do I go about getting a FSA plan through UPS. Someone said I could do this and they would then just take money out of my paycheck throughout the year. And when do they let poeple sign up or when do you have to let them know you want to open??? By January or????????

Thanks

beentheredonethat

How do I go about getting a FSA plan through UPS. Someone said I could do this and they would then just take money out of my paycheck throughout the year. And when do they let poeple sign up or when do you have to let them know you want to open??? By January or????????

Thanks
If you are non union, the signup for Benefit selection including Flex Spending is around Sept - Oct of each year to take effect the following year. Not sure how it's handled for new employees, they should check with their mgmt or HR folks. Not sure if this is applicable for the union folks out there.

aspenleaf

WTH is FSA?

Flexible Spending Account - usually you can set aside for health care or child care. I had that at my last job and it was nice. You set aside money pre-tax and you can use it for a lot (even over the counter meds) but if you don't use it you lose it.

I wish we had it since our insurance does not cover a lot.

ImpactedTSG

It is pretty cool. Say you set aside $400 dollars to be taken out over the course of the year, pre-tax. If the tax rate is say 25%, that is $100 dollars that you can put towards meds or other health care stuff that uncle sam would have taken. It is a bit of a PITA to keep the receipts and fill out the forms, but to save money it's worth it.