FT contract progression inquiry

I was recently hired as a full time driver; since my progression has already started, will I be grandfathered in for $36.50 if they decided to cut top rate in 2018 under the new contract?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No way anyone can answer that.
th

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
What in the world makes you think they will try to, "cut top rate" in the next contract? Union and the members would never, EVER, allow a 2 tiered wage system.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What in the world makes you think they will try to, "cut top rate" in the next contract? Union and the members would never, EVER, allow a 2 tiered wage system.
The members wouldn't but our union has become such a joke, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a 2-tiered progression and 8 rates of pay along the way to top rate.

Cman84

Considering that ups has posted record profits 2 quarters in a row.i really dont see top rate being cut.that points to more raises on the horizon.

By The Book

I was recently hired as a full time driver; since my progression has already started, will I be grandfathered in for $36.50 if they decided to cut top rate in 2018 under the new contract?
Your wages are in effect for the contract you're under. The new contract may have a longer progression but you didn't go full time under the new contract. Just an example but hopefully you get my point.

P

pickup

I am pretty sure you are safe. Don't sweat it.