FT cover driver 95

undies

Your best bet is to win a bid route for the week and go over for at least 3 days, then you can file. Depending on your seniority, you may want to ask your fellow drivers to allow you win a bid for a week just so you can opt in.

UPSGUY72

Your best bet is to win a bid route for the week and go over for at least 3 days, then you can file. Depending on your seniority, you may want to ask your fellow drivers to allow you win a bid for a week just so you can opt in.

In my area FT cover driver don't bid routes they are assigned routes based on knowledge and need daily... Some weeks you run the same route everyday other weeks you do a different route each day...

undies

In my area FT cover driver don't bid routes they are assigned routes based on knowledge and need daily... Some weeks you run the same route everyday other weeks you do a different route each day...

Ah, maybe its a local thing? We have bid sheets up every week, except for peak season. The bid sheet goes up monday and down thursday morning.

upssouth

My situation is I'm a ft cover driver with almost 3 years ft seniority. I did the same route all week and m t w I worked over 9 5 and I told my manager Thursday I want to opt in.

The contract language says im eligible if I do the same route all week or if I have more than 4 years seniority. It's the "or" in the language that confuses me

upssouth

See it says " eligible for this protection, provided" but then uses the word or.

I was violated with less than 4 yrs seniority

By The Book

My situation is I'm a ft cover driver with almost 3 years ft seniority. I did the same route all week and m t w I worked over 9 5 and I told my manager Thursday I want to opt in.

The contract language says im eligible if I do the same route all week or if I have more than 4 years seniority. It's the "or" in the language that confuses me
If either applies your good.

undies

One or the other my friend. You can now opt in. Get your shop steward and have a talk with your center manager, have him put you on the list.

AKCoverMan

Our center works this way too. It seems to make the whole cover driver 9.5 thing impossible. I am ten senior cover in our center and I have run same route for a whole week exactly once this year.

Is anyone in your center tested this language yet?

Our center works this way too. It seems to make the whole cover driver 9.5 thing impossible. I am ten senior cover in our center and I have run same route for a whole week exactly once this year.

You are scheduled to cover a route for a week, yes? If not, you would have to call in 1hour before your start time to see if you are working. Therefore you are covered under the 9.5 language regardless of your time in. Technically speaking the route you do on Monday is your assigned route for the week. And management moves you tues. Thru fri.

UPSGUY72

In my center there isn't to many routes that run over 9.5 on any given day so the 9.5 list pretty much doesn't exist.

upssouth

They don't schedule anyone for anything. They have the "plan" but things alwAys change. We have about 70 routes in my center. We do whatever they assign us for but they let us honor our seniority and bump less senior drivers onto routes, even if it means they go blind.

In this case, I was one of 2 people that knew the route and I was the most senior.

I told my center manager I wanted on the list and he put me on it no prob.

They don't schedule anyone for anything. They have the "plan" but things alwAys change. We have about 70 routes in my center. We do whatever they assign us for but they let us honor our seniority and bump less senior drivers onto routes, even if it means they go blind.

In this case, I was one of 2 people that knew the route and I was the most senior.

I told my center manager I wanted on the list and he put me on it no prob.
I am a cover driver. I am never "scheduled" but I am expected to show up every morning and grab said DIAD. Therefore I am scheduled to do a route Monday thru Friday. Mgmt chooses to move me where they see fit. All routes pay the same, unless you are pulling a TP60.