FT Driver wants to move to Combo Job but told need 20 years driving.

MangoMango

I have been with UPS 18 years, 2 years FT driver and signed my name on combo bid list, but was told I have to have 20 years driving to qualify. How is that possible if combo can switch to driving if they sign the bid list but a driver cannot bid on combo? I thought it would be a lateral move since they are both FT. Im in the West btw.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I have been with UPS 18 years, 2 years FT driver and signed my name on combo bid list, but was told I have to have 20 years driving to qualify. How is that possible if combo can switch to driving if they sign the bid list but a driver cannot bid on combo? I thought it would be a lateral move since they are both FT. Im in the West btw.
Who told you that? Bid the job. If they don't let you bid it, talk to your steward.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I have seen several people come off of full time package and go combo, and none of them had anywhere close to 20 years driving. I have a feeling whoever told you that needs a good talking to.

jaker

trolling
in the west I believe it's 15 years driving , yeah I know it's crap and I don't understand it either. Especially when a combo can become a FT driver and then go right to feeder after one year safe driving

O/C

OK..who told you that?

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
If you have read BC for long enough you should realize that management will throw anything against a wall and see if it will stick. Remember ---- if their lips are moving --its probably (well I won't go so far as to say its a lie but) it will be a "story" that is geared toward waking their job less stressful. I guess that's the polite way to say its BS.