FT Drivers

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lies. No way UPS is giving a part timer that many hours.
uhhh hello, ask your sups to explain peak to you. Last three weeks of december, our PRELOAD start time was 12am. And we go home when the drivers leave between 9-930am. Do the math. But you don't need to have anyone tell you anything, you are the expert on UPS.

Buck Fifty

With you and the guys off the street, this job will be paying you peanuts before ya know it.

As far as the fairest wage in which I would do this job ....as much as they will pay and that I can get my greedy little hands on.

During my entire decade and a half of working at UPS I've NEVER heard a driver say that we are underpaid. Never. Not one. I've heard more than a few state that we are overpaid though. Isn't that odd? I think that shows that an overwhelming majority believe that at the very least we are paid extremely well. But......if anyone mentions working for less than what is currently the pay rate at the time then many go ape shiiite. To me that shows us that it's not really about the pay itself. It's about losing something. A reduction. Going backwards. Most people don't want that whether what is being reduced was already too generous or not. Maybe that's what the whole health care dispute was really about. Hence all of the contract supplements in regions with superior benefits to the rest of regions getting voted down. Most people don't have the ability to look back when it comes to pay and benefits. Whether they. are generous or not.

I resemble this remark...... I'm just an overpaid truck driver and I want to stay one !

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
"few"? No uh, I think many. If I can work in a dusty warehouse loading 1000+ packages while on my feet for the whole night, moving back and forth from trailer to trailer, to package car to package car at a constant pace, in worse weather than you drivers, I'm sure that many part-timers and I can do the job as good or better than any driver and last as long or longer than any driver can last. Plus we're doing it for chump change, while you drivers on the other hand are getting a fair days pay for a fair days work while it's very debatable that you guys are overpaid.

Wow:

Wow - YouTube

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That's how society works, and I think it's just. People who have degrees or trades have a more complex knowledge than you and I - which makes them more rare, and rare things are always more expensive. Anybody out there can go out and get their driver's license in a month or two and become a great driver within 6 months or less. And anybody who is not dumb can live without committing a crime for 10 yrs or up until death.

And again:

Wow - YouTube

Believe it or not, no matter what you think or Dave posts, there are many drivers (and former drivers) with degrees. Some with post-graduate degrees.

Just out of curiosity, what is your major, and what do you think (dream) you will do with it?

First of all, your WHOLE night is what 4 or 5 hours long. Try 10+ hrs everyday. In worse weather conditions?? Does it rain or snow in your building?? Chump change? Kid, you're making nothing because you've worked there what, two whole months? You think it's bad now, wait till PEAK! We worked 45-50 hour weeks last peak...craziest peak i've done so far. And, might I add, you are a 19 year old kid, i'm a woman in my 30's who's been loading for 6 yrs, looking at another 2 yrs before I can go driving. Stop thinking you're better than everyone. You have no idea.

Wow.

Nice to see some folks from NY have some balls about their job.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Lies. No way UPS is giving a part timer that many hours.

obviously you don't read much before you post out your *****. I even stated in another thread that my helper would jump for me for 5 hours a day. Then go in as a PART TIMER to work twilight and end up working midnight shift. Dude would pull 12 hours a day as a PART TIMER all peak long.

quamba 638

I can relate to the folks who work a lot of hours. I work 5 days a week 6am-2:30pm at my FT job. I average about 41 hours a week.
Then, my last paycheck at UPS I had 485 hours worked YTD, I'm on pace for another 950 hours at UPS. So I work about 60 hours a week give or take a few hours between both jobs. What I don't have, is the stress, harassment or the accountability that it sounds like the drivers have. But, I also don't make 100k like it sounds like some drivers do.
I actually enjoy working at both jobs, its pretty laid back. I have great managers, supervisors who actually look out for me/us.

PT Car Washer

I can relate to the folks who work a lot of hours. I work 5 days a week 6am-2:30pm at my FT job. I average about 41 hours a week.
Then, my last paycheck at UPS I had 485 hours worked YTD, I'm on pace for another 950 hours at UPS. So I work about 60 hours a week give or take a few hours between both jobs. What I don't have, is the stress, harassment or the accountability that it sounds like the drivers have. But, I also don't make 100k like it sounds like some drivers do.
I actually enjoy working at both jobs, its pretty laid back. I have great managers, supervisors who actually look out for me/us.
By the end of June I have worked 1,080.71 hours at UPS and grossed $34,546.39. Part Time job.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=2]5 $100K Jobs That Don’t Require a Bachelor’s Degree[/h]1. Executive Pastry Chef (90th Percentile Pay: $102,000; Median Pay: $45,100)
2. Master Plumber (90th Percentile Pay: $102,000; Median Pay: $60,000)
3. Licensed Massage Therapist (90th Percentile Pay: $141,000; Median Pay: $67,600)
4. Air Traffic Controller (90th Percentile Pay: $179,000; Median Pay: $87,300) only a GED is required .
5. Court Reporter (90th Percentile Pay: $104,000; Median Pay: $59,700)

PT Car Washer

Nice! What do you do, and how is it PT?

35 years seniority. Air exemption driver. Saturday air driver. Run LIB's at top driver rate. Run splits off over dispatched drivers. Do PU's off over dispatched drivers. Run misloads. All at top driver rate. Cover AM and PM air driver routes. Some weeks both. The slow weeks I wash cars.

quamba 638

Cool. I talked to a guy last year at my hub who probably has around 30 + years under his belt. He worked the car wash for most of his career at UPS, until they finally eliminated the position. According to him, it was a fight to keep the car wash job for most of his time there. Now hes an auditor.