FT earn and learn program suspended indefinitly

LOL 55andout. That's like saying, "not to mention, yadda yadda yadda". uuuuh ya just did,.

Although it didn't sound like sour grapes to me.

Ok trplnkl...maybe it was tart apples....so lets make pie!!!![/QUOTE]

I truly didn't take it that way. BTW, personally I think you have every right to to the sour apples, as long as it is directed in the correct direction. Upper tier management. No one in the rank and file received a $5M bonus and then decided to screw management on the working lines.

brett636

I agree to a certain point. I have been sitting here for awhile now trying to figure out how to respond to this thread without sounding like sour grapes. I like to take on the impossible from time to time, so here it goes.

Did anyone in this program not see this coming? With this economic crisis we are in this was bound to happen and more things like this will likely come. I know we have all herd it over and over, volume is down nation wide. When you can't increase revenue you must controll costs. This is the first real measure taken that effects the long time/full time union employee.

The part time program is still in place as it should be. These our people who are developing themselves for positions in UPS or other places. The benefit for UPS is that one day they may apply their education at UPS but even if they dont, UPS knows that they at least have a part time employee for a couple of years.

So if you are a friend/T employee who was in this program I hope you continue with your education, it will be harder but still worth it. Remember, just like free healthcare is not a right (thats correct, its not free, you earn your health insurance everyday) your education should not be free either.

So I think I did it, I managed to say my point and not mention all the cut backs managment has gone through in the last 6 months ( no raise, cancelled 401K etc.) Good luck!

What kinda irks me about this was the fact that the last stock holder meeting included voting for an ominbus compensation program increasing bonuses for the board of directors and other upper level management. Now that it has been voted in programs like this get suspended? I can't say for sure, but how much did this program cost? At a maximum of $5250 per year per full timer did it even get into the millions of dollars like the new bonus program does? I am not saying those on the BOD don't deserve it, but to increase their pay while subsequently suspending benefit programs for the rank and file seems a little shady to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What kinda irks me about this was the fact that the last stock holder meeting included voting for an omnibus compensation program increasing bonuses for the board of directors and other upper level management.
I am not saying those on the BOD don't deserve it, but to increase their pay while subsequently suspending benefit programs for the rank and file seems a little shady to me.

I've heard it's nice to be at the top.
Agree it is absolutely poor leadership.

Wait a minute ... am I agreeing with brett636? Let me think about this some more.

bad company

semi-pro
Givin the current circumstances, I understand the reasoning behind suspending this program. It was an extra perk and benefit that I enjoyed and took advantage of. I am glad that it is still active for part-timers, and hopefully it will stay that way.

Unfortunately this also means that I will be suspending my pursuit of higher education until next year at the earliest. I am still in progression as an outside hire and at $17.50 an hour, I cannot comfortably take on the additional financial burdons of college tuition.

But I am thankful that I have a job and steady income, and look forward to once again taking advantage of UPS' generosity if and when they reinstate the program.

Hangingon

Did anyone in this program not see this coming? With this economic crisis we are in this was bound to happen and more things like this will likely come. I know we have all herd it over and over, volume is down nation wide. When you can't increase revenue you must controll costs. This is the first real measure taken that effects the long time/full time union employee.

Next up, pay toilets! Might be able to make a bit on the ice machine too.