FT Sup-benefits cancelled while on LOA due to payment - Help!!!

Upsgrl

I am just wondering if anyone has had any success appealing to have their benefits reinstated. I am on leave for medical reasons, benefits were cancelled because UPS did not receive 1 payment. (I am confident I mailed it) I have appealed the decision and was denied. I am now on my 2nd level of appeals. I desperately need surgery and medication but I have not had insurance for 3months. I need a miracle. Anyone have any luck with this in the past? Or experience with this? Any info will help. All that I can do is sit here in pain and wait for a response (should have response in next 30 days) A denial will be the single most devastating thing to happen to me. I do not know what to do..... :sad-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Based on the number of responses you have received it is obvious that no one here has the ability to help you. I wouldn't know where you would begin. Sorry.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am just wondering if anyone has had any success appealing to have their benefits reinstated. I am on leave for medical reasons, benefits were cancelled because UPS did not receive 1 payment. (I am confident I mailed it) I have appealed the decision and was denied. I am now on my 2nd level of appeals. I desperately need surgery and medication but I have not had insurance for 3months. I need a miracle. Anyone have any luck with this in the past? Or experience with this? Any info will help. All that I can do is sit here in pain and wait for a response (should have response in next 30 days) A denial will be the single most devastating thing to happen to me. I do not know what to do..... :sad-very:

Get ahold of your local HR person or manager and try to get them to intercede and smooth this over.
​Hopefully you were a good employee that they will try and help.
This is not UPS but probably Metlife.
They don't know you and they are expected to reduce costs to UPS.
You manager or local HR contacting Corporate might be your best bet.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't add anything other than those "cracks" in the system seem to be getting wider allowing more good people to fall through. If an insurance company sees anyway out of paying they will jump on it wether it is morally right or not. Good luck with your fight.