FT Sup Denying Injury Reports ** On Topic **

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
FT Supervisor denying hourly employees wanting to file an injury report. The FT Supervisor has NO power to do such a thing; correct me if I'm wrong? It's common sense. If denied to file an accident report by the FT Supervisor, he or she has the right to contact his or her local union and file through the union? Great example of Management abusing their power here.

Thank you BC.
Call 911

T

Turdferguson

FT Supervisor denying hourly employees wanting to file an injury report. The FT Supervisor has NO power to do such a thing; correct me if I'm wrong? It's common sense. If denied to file an accident report by the FT Supervisor, he or she has the right to contact his or her local union and file through the union? Great example of Management abusing their power here.

Thank you BC.

They will try to discourage you from filing, but can't keep you from filing.

Returntosender

20151110_021614_zpsokngykpt.jpg

ski or die

Ski or Die
If it was an injury report, the moment the sup said "no, you cannot file one" I would have called for a union steward and it would have been dealt with right then and there.
And if the steward is reluctant to help you, you might mention to the supervisor that "I think I might give OSHA a call tomorrow to see if they can help me". You wouldn't believe how quickly things get done if they think a govt agency is gonna be involved and it will be on their record of refusing to address injury concerns.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And if the steward is reluctant to help you, you might mention to the supervisor that "I think I might give OSHA a call tomorrow to see if they can help me". You wouldn't believe how quickly things get done if they think a govt agency is gonna be involved and it will be on their record of refusing to address injury concerns.
Yeah, a couple quick phone calls to state agencies would squash any issues of injury reporting.