Ft working Saturdays

All the sat. air drivers are cover drivers, I'm sure they would be more than happy to let me work for them, but i didn't know if i was allowed to work because UPS would have to to pay me time and half for working sat. Im full time now but used to be an air driver.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All the sat. air drivers are cover drivers, I'm sure they would be more than happy to let me work for them, but i didn't know if i was allowed to work because UPS would have to to pay me time and half for working sat. Im full time now but used to be an air driver.
You'll only be used if staffing is short and all drivers above you seniority wise would have to offered the work first.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Yes, you can work over a PT cover driver. We have a driver in our one center that did it for a couple years. He was just little money hungry.

UPSGUY72

You would need to check you supplement to see what it says. In my area there are PT Sat air drivers. However all of them are TCD from June 1st to Jan 15th so they than fall under the FT seniority list and are no longer Sat Air driver for that period of time. With that being said they have to put up list each week for FT drivers to sign to deliver Sat Air and it goes by seniority.

You don't have a right to drive Sat Air over a Sat Air driver. They would also have put up a list for every FT driver to have a opportunity to sign if for some reason FT driver had the right to drive Saturday Air...

35years

Gravy route
The air sup usually calls drivers on the sly.
Yep
Saturday air needs to be watched for seniority violations.
Management has used less senior drivers around here. The problem is no one is willing to take time out of their Saturday to check on violations. We also have a problem in that management tells full time regular drivers they have to punch in at the airport rather than their regular center. When they need full timers in addition to Saturday drivers they are required to start them at their regular center.