Ft working Saturdays

UPSGUY72

Yeah I've never heard of 8 hour guarantee on Saturday.

That's part of why I don't work Saturdays. I drive an hour to work. I'm not driving 2 hours to work 2 hours.

I used to drive an hour to work on Saturdays on occasion but it was for 4 - 5 hrs so it was worth it..

BROWNCAT

As far as I know at my center Saturday operations goes like this: some low seniority full time drivers are forced to work tue to sat plus some high seniority drivers who request this schedule, then they have the part-time Saturday air drivers, and then they get more drivers as needed from the optional Saturday Air Bid List by seniority order.

PT Car Washer

Did these drivers take a dead day, or a paid day?
Unpaid day off to supposedly let lower seniority drivers work. Saying since Saturday would not be OT they go to the top of the list. Didn't sound right to me but didn't want to cause a ruckus over something that does not apply to me.

No one wants to work at my center, no one ever wants to work Saturdays...
For example I was the only one at my center out of 55 drivers that signed the NYE list.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have worked on Saturday (air) and it has always been hours worked.
That's because you haven't exercised your contractual rights, unless this is something specific to your area supplement.

I stand corrected, looks like Art 40 only provides a 3 hour guarantee for "all employees working as an air driver on Saturday or Sunday".
Art 40 of the National Master supersedes all Supplements, Riders, and Addenda.

Last edited:

By The Book

Unpaid day off to supposedly let lower seniority drivers work. Saying since Saturday would not be OT they go to the top of the list. Didn't sound right to me but didn't want to cause a ruckus over something that does not apply to me.
You work Saturdays before anyone in your building right? would these full time drivers be getting overtime because it's a 6th punch?