Full-Time Bid List in Oct, Not qualified.

A close friend of mine won a full time package driving bid list, completed integrad, and started working on October 26th. He hustled through peak and has been driving most days since. The issue is that they have put him on 11 different routes(6 this year). Some days they send him home and say that they do not have a route, in January he didn't work for almost 3 weeks. What are his options?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
A close friend of mine won a full time package driving bid list, completed integrad, and started working on October 26th. He hustled through peak and has been driving most days since. The issue is that they have put him on 11 different routes(6 this year). Some days they send him home and say that they do not have a route, in January he didn't work for almost 3 weeks. What are his options?

He can bump back in and work in the building to get his 8 hours

BrownTexas

We have 10 year drivers laid off this time of year. I do not feel sorry for a 5 month driver, especially one that sounded like he came from the inside and should know how it works.
That's blows. We have 10 year drivers taking a day unpaid because they have that option. But getting laid off. Ta hell with that. Lol.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's blows. We have 10 year drivers taking a day unpaid because they have that option. But getting laid off. Ta hell with that. Lol.

Volume down this time of year and no drivers on vacation. We have around 10 drivers laid off varying in seniority from 6 months to 10 years.

Some have bumped PTers on the sort to maintain their insurance and make more than unemployment, but yes, it does suck to have 10 year drivers laid off for 2 months.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If he is an unassigned or cover driver, he will have to run whatever route they assign to him until he gains enough seniority to either A) bid a route or B) to choose one for that particular day, if he has seniority above another driver who is qualified to run a different available route. When you say he's trying to qualify, are you meaning to say qualify for a permanent bid? If so, that is also dependent on his position on the seniority list, which sounds like he is at the bottom. He'll have to ride it out for now.

542thruNthru

He doesn't want to bump a part timer or file aggreviance he just wants to qualify and stop getting played with.

If people below him are working he/she needs to file.

If he/she wants their hours he/she needs to bump.

If he/she doesn't want to do either one that's fine. Thats up to him/her but don't complain when you don't work.

Other than that he/she is SOL.