Full time cover driver

TheKingOfQueens

Driving school Tuesday. How much roughly will I bank the first year as a full time cover driver being that peak is right around the corner . Thanks my fellow UPS brothas!!! Also , will I start getting paid $18.xx as soon as I start training with Sup or will that pay be when I make book ?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Did you pass 5th grade math?

Pay figuring is simple multiplication.

Live off 40 hours a week,save the rest,retire a millionaire. That's all you need to know.

TheKingOfQueens

Did you pass 5th grade math?

Pay figuring is simple multiplication.

Live off 40 hours a week,save the rest,retire a millionaire. That's all you need to know.

There is no set salary for hourly's . You should now that better then me if you've been with brown longer. Just looking for an average from anyone who can remember their first year during peak .

Brownpride

I started to cover drive back in March. You will get paid what ever your pay rate is now for the 40 hours of school. Your new pay rate will kick in the first day you go out with the supervisor.

Probation period they will give you a route with about 6 hours of work but you will finish it in about 8 hours or more.

You can expect to bring in about 850 to 950 weekly.

TheKingOfQueens

I am not a hater, nor am I a Brown Bro anymore (retired).

I just wonder sometimes how any of us that started pre-internet ever survived. Imagine, no GPS on smartphones, no forums to ask questions of strangers.

Once a Brown bro always a Brown Bro. You old timers had it way harder definitely . Tons of respect for surviving the big brown machine.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Just remember that you are going to have some days that are absolutely horrendous while others will have you thinking this is the easiest job ever. Learn from both. Listen to both your on road sup trainer and from senior drivers. Just about everybody that wears brown wants you to succeed. Most importantly, learn your training route like the back of your hand. After 27 years of driving I could probably still run my training route, wouldn't want to, but I probably could.

WorknLateHuh

Just remember that you are going to have some days that are absolutely horrendous while others will have you thinking this is the easiest job ever.

True, but even the horrendous days aren't too bad. I've been driving over 10 years and this is the least stressful job i've ever had. When things get sketchy and friend up you slow down, focus, stay alert, and think things through.

The worst thing about this job(if you even want to call it that) imho, is the never-ending mountain of overtime even with the 9.5 list. Give me 8hrs 40hrs/wk in a perfect world, or even 4 8hour days.

UPSGUY72

Thanks Brotha . Appreciate any advice . Just a little excited for having made it and on the cusp of making real money and start my life / family . Won't overthink

You haven't made it yet. You still need to pass driving school and make your 30 days.... Lets just concentrate on driving school first.