Full time cover driver

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Thanks Brotha . Appreciate any advice . Just a little excited for having made it and on the cusp of making real money and start my life / family . Won't overthink
Don't forget to pack your cherry lube everyday youngblood cover driving, your going to need it. Don't be scared, it hurts when they stick it in at first, but youll get used to it after a while. Good luck covering 5 different routes in 5 days once you get some time in sonnyboy lol. That's the reality son.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
True, but even the horrendous days aren't too bad. I've been driving over 10 years and this is the least stressful job i've ever had. When things get sketchy and friend up you slow down, focus, stay alert, and think things through.

The worst thing about this job(if you even want to call it that) imho, is the never-ending mountain of overtime even with the 9.5 list. Give me 8hrs 40hrs/wk in a perfect world, or even 4 8hour days.
The more stops you have the less stressful it is, cause you know your totally :censored2:ed for the day. Is what it is, kick em in the nuttz and get paid super fatty that day lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
True, but even the horrendous days aren't too bad. I've been driving over 10 years and this is the least stressful job i've ever had. When things get sketchy and friend up you slow down, focus, stay alert, and think things through.

The worst thing about this job(if you even want to call it that) imho, is the never-ending mountain of overtime even with the 9.5 list. Give me 8hrs 40hrs/wk in a perfect world, or even 4 8hour days.
I had an 8 hour request the other day and texted another driver. "You know this job is somewhat enjoyable when you know you're only working 8 hours for a day."

jr32bad

More routes you know the better off you will be find a senior driver who likes going home a lot learn his route every building has one

Sent using BrownCafe App

9.5er

More routes you know the better off you will be find a senior driver who likes going home a lot learn his route every building has one

Sent using BrownCafe App
One?? My center has a bunch. I know so many of those routes I can't get a day off with out calling in sick. Then I get the "We need you" run around.
I guess I shouldn't complain though. It's job security. right?