full time driver. gets into an accident. first day. please help

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
"Garry" you might consider not posting pics of yourself unless you don't mind being identified on here. Some don't care, but some also sound like teachers pets so it doesn't really matter to them.

cb1969

don't stress...the no accident in a year is a prequalification to win the bid...now if you have an accident in the package car of any kind they can DQ you...After you were awarded the bid with the exception accidents or tickets or a DUI it will depend on Area Supplement like in Atlantic Area 3 accidents in 9 months etc.

I guess the new requirement in my area is any Tier 3 accident is a termination and has to be taken to the state panel. We have a 24 year safe driver sitting out right now.

cb1969

I think they try that everywhere, but the CBA doesn't call a single Tier 3 a cardinal infraction. only recklessness resulting in serious accident while on duty. Recklessness is a subjective term and the burden would be on UPS to prove. Of course 3 accidents in a 9 month period is reason for discharge here, but we had a driver have 3 major ones in less than 7 months and he just went back to the building for a week then back on the road.

I was attending my orientation for a full time driver position. Today was last day of my orientation and while returning home i got into a car accident. i was at fault, luckily no one was injured. Cop gave me a ticket. I am going to start my job on tommorow as full time driver at UPS.

im really stressed about if im going to keep this job or will they fire me for this. because my probation period is going to start tommorow. any answers about that....accident happened while off duty what policy UPS have in this case. please help guys.
How worried are you really about it? You have an avatar picture where you look like Pauli D with a bottle of Jack. Good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think they try that everywhere, but the CBA doesn't call a single Tier 3 a cardinal infraction. only recklessness resulting in serious accident while on duty. Recklessness is a subjective term and the burden would be on UPS to prove. Of course 3 accidents in a 9 month period is reason for discharge here, but we had a driver have 3 major ones in less than 7 months and he just went back to the building for a week then back on the road.

3 Tier 3's in 1 year will get you a 22.3 job here.