full time driver how to go mental disability due to maritial separation?

C

chuchu

Depression is like a ghost. You can't get your hands on it so fight it like the enemy it is. What others have told you about staying busy is true. Take a few minutes to gather your thoughts when you need to but don't let feelings like depression and rejection take over because it's all lies. Your self worth isn't gotten from others around you. It should be from knowing that God created you special and has good plans for you...not this temporary problem that will pass. If this girl counts herself as not worthy to be your partner for life there is a better one waiting. Keep your chin up and don't lose your confidence in who you are.

pretender

No, I said exactly what I wanted to say. He needs to put the big boy pants on and go to work. It will help him get his mind off of his personal life, if only for a few (10) hours a day.

My son had a very close friend commit suicide on his way home from the junior prom. He was devastated and rightfully so. My ex and I spoke about this and agreed that he would need a few days to himself before getting back in to his routine. Well, the few days turned in to two weeks and finally I decided that he needed to get on with his life. At the time he was working at McDonald's and was all set to call in sick (again) when I called him and told him that I would be there to pick him up 15 minutes before his shift and that he had best be dressed for work and ready to go when I got there. He was pissed but he did as I asked and when I went to pick him up after he thanked me for my "tough love".

Divorce sucks. I was also served with my papers at work. Life goes on.

Agree--However, because of the nature of the job, a driver needs to be totally focused at all times. One lapse, and you could kill somebody...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Agree--However, because of the nature of the job, a driver needs to be totally focused at all times. One lapse, and you could kill somebody...

Totally agree.

Have you ever had the opportunity to watch as the drivers leave the building in the morning? How many of them are on their cell phones, scrolling through their DIADs or getting their paperwork (call tags) in order?

pretender

Totally agree.

Have you ever had the opportunity to watch as the drivers leave the building in the morning? How many of them are on their cell phones, scrolling through their DIADs or getting their paperwork (call tags) in order?

Yes (including management). It is mind-boggling...

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I just heard my sister was just diagnosed with late onset MS ( after age 50) and she is really upset about it.
She is on on IV solumedrol for the next 3 days.

I apologize for this topic turn but I need to address oldngray's sister's recently dx'd MS.

OnG (oldngray) are you close to your sister?
Can you share with me her first symptom (called clinically isolated symptom)?

My first symptom was trigeminal neuralgia and second symptom was optic neuritis.
I was DX'd after the second symptom. I was told of the possibility of MS after my first symptom but I did not follow thru because I was stupid and did not believe the doctor.

It is now accepted practice to start treatment right away when patients present with a MS symptom because the quicker a patient is placed on a MS immune modulator (one of the CRAB medications, Copaxone, Rebif, Avonex, Betaseron) it slows the destruction of the Myelin Sheath around the nerves of the spinal cord and brain.

I began my journey in the MS world with three days of Solumedrol and daily injections of Copaxone (start date 10/11/06)...and no MD could tell me WHAT form of MS invaded my body.

I told no one.
Tom and Leslie knew and I asked that it remain my secret.
I controlled who knew and MS controlled me.
Besides, how the hell could I explain what I had when I didn't understand what the friend@#$ was happening to me.

I called EAP and received a referral for help.
I did not want MS mentioned on any medical chart because I still believed the doctor's made a mistake.

oldngray

nowhere special
I apologize for this topic turn but I need to address oldngray's sister's recently dx'd MS.

OnG (oldngray) are you close to your sister?
Can you share with me her first symptom (called clinically isolated symptom)?

My first symptom was trigeminal neuralgia and second symptom was optic neuritis.
I was DX'd after the second symptom. I was told of the possibility of MS after my first symptom but I did not follow thru because I was stupid and did not believe the doctor.

It is now accepted practice to start treatment right away when patients present with a MS symptom because the quicker a patient is placed on a MS immune modulator (one of the CRAB medications, Copaxone, Rebif, Avonex, Betaseron) it slows the destruction of the Myelin Sheath around the nerves of the spinal cord and brain.

I began my journey in the MS world with three days of Solumedrol and daily injections of Copaxone (start date 10/11/06)...and no MD could tell me WHAT form of MS invaded my body.

I told no one.
Tom and Leslie knew and I asked that it remain my secret.
I controlled who knew and MS controlled me.
Besides, how the hell could I explain what I had when I didn't understand what the friend@#$ was happening to me.

I called EAP and received a referral for help.
I did not want MS mentioned on any medical chart because I still believed the doctor's made a mistake.

My sister had a dental implant and afterwards had numbness in that area and blurred vision. She thought it was related to the implant at first but went and had it checked out and got the bad news. I still don't know many details. I'm not supposed to know but she told my other sister who told me on the condition I don't say anything. About the only other thing I know is she goes back to the doctor tomorrow to find out more. My sister is a nurse and tends to worry about every little problem so didn't wait to get it checked out.

onehandsolo

Update I am trying to get her to start conseling for her self. She says there is something inside her that is keeping her from loving me. She is thinking about it so.maybe there is a chance we can work it out.