full time driver wait time dallas fort-worth Texas

Hellobrown2000

hello, reading that they are opening two new buildings to address volume in the Dallas area can anyone working at those hubs shed light on the current wait time to go full time and any talk on hiring?

thank you.

look forward to the sarcasm that has nothing to do with the question.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Full and part timers will be able to follow their work if it's moved, if they elect to stay at their current hub the work will be put up for bid. Bid sheets will also go up for opportunities to "transfer" to the new hubs. If there are still full time jobs available at the new hubs after those bids come down they'll open a bid for part timers to bid for full time, then off the street. Or they could wait till the last second and "friend" the whole thing up! Good Luck!

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownTexas

hello, reading that they are opening two new buildings to address volume in the Dallas area can anyone working at those hubs shed light on the current wait time to go full time and any talk on hiring?

thank you.

Go to the union meeting this Saturday. They will tell you..."we know nothing until they give us more information."

ArcherUTR

Full and part timers will be able to follow their work if it's moved, if they elect to stay at their current hub the work will be put up for bid. Bid sheets will also go up for opportunities to "transfer" to the new hubs. If there are still full time jobs available at the new hubs after those bids come down they'll open a bid for part timers to bid for full time, then off the street. Or they could wait till the last second and "friend" the whole thing up! Good Luck!

Sent using BrownCafe App

This may or may not be true about following their routes. It is a topic that will be discussed tomorrow in Ft. Worth at a Union Hall meeting.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

thank you.

asking strangers on a random forum is a great idea

upschuck

This may or may not be true about following their routes. It is a topic that will be discussed tomorrow in Ft. Worth at a Union Hall meeting.
Unless your supplement says to the contrary, Section 38 states
2. Whenever a center or hub is partially closed and the work of package drivers and all other regular employees, part-time and fulltime, excluding feeder drivers, is transferred to or absorbed by another center, the affected employees may either follow their work and have their seniority dovetailed in the new center or be allowed to exercise their seniority in their present center and displace the least senior employee in their respective classifications. If any of the employees whose work is transferred elects not to follow his/her work, then he or she shall have the same rights as the remaining employees on the seniority list from which the work was transferred to bid the work being transferred. Those employees who follow the work shall have their seniority dovetailed in the new center
A quick scan of your supplement didn't see anything to the contrary. Looks like they will be able to follow their work, which is only just.

Orion Syndicate

May give my identity away here but there is precedent in 2012 southwest Arlington moved from the Arlington center to the Fort Worth hub work was followed or bid to other Arlington ft. The routes not taken by Arlington workers were then bid to ft worth drivers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hellobrown2000

lol. thanks everyone for not even answering or almost answering the question. the question was what is the current wait time for ft. why would I ask strangers on a forum such as brown cafe? I don't live in texas I am transferring there. that is why I ask strangers it would be the logical answer however working at ups has shown me 85% lack logic that's including management and labor. I can't help to think though most replies come from lonely retires who have nothino better to do.

Me

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion Syndicate

lol. thanks everyone for not even answering or almost answering the question. the question was what is the current wait time for ft. why would I ask strangers on a forum such as brown cafe? I don't live in texas I am transferring there. that is why I ask strangers it would be the logical answer however working at ups has shown me 85% lack logic that's including management and labor. I can't help to think though most replies come from lonely retires who have nothino better to do.

Me
It seems to me, and this may sound crazy, that you are not smart. At all. No cognitive reasoning ability in the least. It really isn't that hard to comprehend that the time it takes to go full-time is completely and utterly dependent on which center you're in/going to.
I'm amazed you even know how to work a computer, tablet or smartphone to create an account on an Internet forum, login and then use the keyboard with letters you most likely can't read to write, which you aren't equipped to do either, and post something so moronic that the universe had a 23% chance of collapsing in on itself just from the sheer amount of ignorant energy you flooded the cosmos with just now.
I wouldn't worry about full-time wait, you'll never be able to find the bid sheet anyways.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited by a moderator: