full time driving

Marne Vet

My center sent 20 drivers home today that were "extra". 20, and it's peak. Tomorrow our projections are calling for 10 more trips. That's it. That's 10 extra drivers tomorrow, and an entire center that will be blown out. Good luck driving. Low man on the totem pole is gonna go home a lot around these parts, or get stuck back inside getting screwed on hours.

bplppl

March will be 6 years for me in the preload. Rumor has is 4 full timers will be hired by the end of peak, then another outside (management hire). That would be the 3rd management outside hire in the past 6 months, and none of the guys were there for more than a year. I kick myself every time for not taking that route but as it stands I will be next in line for full time promotion.

bplppl

Sign every driving bid. That is the only guaranteed way to get that job.

To tag on to this thread, I am at the point where I am very close to full time. I have a full time job so i am not a TCD. I was told if i sign the bid but pass it up after realizing i would not make the fulltime cut, that they could wait a year before they offered it to me again. If i would have signed and not made the cut for full time i would have been top TCD, but i have a full time job and need the income. We have so many full timers that TCDs do touch a car. Our bottom rung full timers are getting their 8 by working preload and local sort evenings and bumping lower seniority part timers. Any advice and the best way for me to slide into full time without loosing seniority to those who are currently TCDs but with less time than me? Do i have to finish 30 day pacage as TCD before going into full time? Or should i wait it out and go in without driving TCD? I was also told that doing the later would put me in at same pay as ooutside hire, 16 per hr.

barnyard

KTM rider
Once more, this time in better English, punctuation and paragraph breaks.

Darn near impossible to figure out what you are asking.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
To tag on to this thread, I am at the point where I am very close to full time. I have a full time job so i am not a TCD. I was told if i sign the bid but pass it up after realizing i would not make the fulltime cut, that they could wait a year before they offered it to me again. If i would have signed and not made the cut for full time i would have been top TCD, but i have a full time job and need the income. We have so many full timers that TCDs do touch a car. Our bottom rung full timers are getting their 8 by working preload and local sort evenings and bumping lower seniority part timers. Any advice and the best way for me to slide into full time without loosing seniority to those who are currently TCDs but with less time than me? Do i have to finish 30 day pacage as TCD before going into full time? Or should i wait it out and go in without driving TCD? I was also told that doing the later would put me in at same pay as ooutside hire, 16 per hr.

​We would need more info like what local you are in. Best thing is talk to a steward or your BA.