Full time inside jobs

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Big Babooba, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

The full time inside job at UPS is virtually non existant. How many full time preloads or hub sorts are there? I know that there are 2 full time preloads in Massachusetts - Watertown & Springfield. I don't know of any full time hub jobs though.
  2. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

There is a full time porter position at the building where I work. It has changed hands once in the last 30 years.
  3. teamsterdan

teamsterdan Member

they may be non-existent but they are easy to "create" if your willing to fight for them, expect your work life to be hell.....daily habits observations, a lot of working as directed, and other BS they come up w/.........I delt with it for a yr. before the job got created and a couple yrs. after that..... like most of the stuff it still comes and goes.............I'll be 15yrs. in a couple weeks, 7 p/t 8 f/t......
  4. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

I'm inside- inside in Watertown, 22.3 though. aside from the full-time preload, there aren't many.
  5. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

befor thattheres a full time car washer hes been 2o years full time 8 years pt im not sure it may be longer than that:smart:
  6. tritese

tritese tritese

we have full time porters, full time fuelers, and full time shifters....all considered "inside" jobs........22.3 combos also (half shift in the hub and half shifting; half hub and half car wash; half shift hub and half car wash) the other combo jobs (half shift hub and half air driving) at one time were considered "outside" jobs, i think that is still the case........not that it matters as any full timer can bid on ANY full time job available......
  7. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

You can also do janitorial. Have women in my hub 25+ years that sweep and mop when the building is empty etc as part of it.
  8. retired2000

retired2000 Active Member

the hub that i retired from has 32 f/t inside jobs.

FAVREFAN Member

I believe CACH in Chicago will have 1,100 by Aug. 1st.
  10. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Heard that at least two openings are available on that Watertown preload, to cover the two who just retired with 37 years each from the Customer Counter.
  11. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Our janitorial duties are outside contract.
  12. Fredless

Fredless APWA Hater

13. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Same here.
  14. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Don't really know why, but suspect that it has something to do with not having to supply one, two or three people with benefits.
  15. Fredless

Fredless APWA Hater

Did your local lose a panel with that or something? The porters here are very touchy with their work.

One lady will file if they clean up something that isn't a "safety issue" or hazmat. Rightfully so.
  16. teamsterdan

teamsterdan Member

reminds me of the "job" we have that is non-union during the pre-load and union during the night sort..........:surprised:
  17. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

Our "porter" is non union. he's not even a UPS employee. He works for some other company which contracts him out to us or something. He works about 4-5 hours per day after the preload wraps up. It's a minimum wage job with no benefits (I've talked to him about it before).

I think it's a perfect opportunity for the company to create a preload/porter combo job... But combo jobs may be a thing of the past... We only have a few and it's been years since they created the last one.