Full-time package handler

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nick1, Jun 20, 2014.

1. nick1

nick1 New Member

I know is says part-time on the website but I was wondering is there anyway I can go full-time? If anyone knows of a phone number I can call to find this out that'd be great!! =] I know that I've read online before that most work a regular day job on top of this part-time job.

I can NOT work during the day because I have a sleep disorder to where I'm naturally up all night (circadian rhythm disorder). I'm normally up from 10pm-11am. and asleep from 11am-10pm. It's set good enough I don't even need an alarm clock to get up.

it's 10am right now and the only reason I'm up is because I have to leave in 10 min. for a doctor appointment otherwise I would be in bed. I live in st. louis and at the earth city location they have a 10pm-3am shift, part-time package handler. but if that's 5 days a week like it is, it really leaves me no room to get another overnight shift. I gotta have a day off sometime.

And with this being my only job if i would get hired, there's no way I would get paid enough to afford health insurance when they woul give it to me, and pay for rent, utilities, etc.

I had to quit my last job because I couldn't stay awake. I kept getting written up for falling asleep. working hours there were either 5am-1pm or 1pm-9pm. In other jobs I've had shifts were 9am-12pm, 12pm-4pm, and 4pm-9pm. same thing happened there=[
  2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You sleep 11 hours a day why would u need an alarm clock?

Feeders might be right up your alley.
  3. Brownslave688

Are you a vampire?
  4. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

He's gottah be over 250, or we won't even look at him !!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

If you can last until your health insurance starts, you'll be fine as it's paid for by the company. Feeders would be a good choice as your a vampire. Go to work and ask for more hours. You could always go to Chicago and get hired off the street as a full time feeder. I hear they're looking for people?...
  6. Brownslave688

Wait he's in earth city I take my feeder recommendation away. No one wants to work feeders there.
  7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

To the OP...you won't make enough as a PT package handler to eat...let alone pay rent or bills. Seriously...11 hours of sleep a day? Are you sure your sleep disorder isn't really playing WoW in the basement all night? lol :holycowsmile:
  8. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

I'm ashamed for you for knowing what WoW is. Lol.
  9. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

I'm sure it's Work Out World
  10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Women Of Wrestling?
  11. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I'm sure we have more than one around here that handle's their "package" full time.
  12. Brownslave688

Leave BB58 out of this