Full Time Sup Questions

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Either way, it was more than you deserve. LOL
I wonder how long before your sidekick Fluezy likes your post. LOL
Whoa there MOD....no need to stoop to name calling. If you don't like what someone posts...put them on ignore. Oh wait....you did so unless you constantly click See ignored content....you shoudn't be able to see my posts or IVE'S. But you just can't help yourself....just like Upstate.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Id never do it. But he said theres a way, not impossible for him to go back fulltime driving. Would probably have to be a medical reason I would think.
Not impossible for him to quit and get rehired off the street..but it depends on FT managment....if tey wanna friend with you...they'll make sure
you don't make it.. Knew a PT sup work 10 yrs trying to get into FT mang...gave him the run around. He quit...6 months later applied at another building for FT driving....they DQ'd him after 28 days. Always a game....time to go into work and see if they decided to pay me for my helper hours last week...they probably "forgot"

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Whoa there MOD....no need to stoop to name calling. If you don't like what someone posts...put them on ignore. Oh wait....you did so unless you constantly click See ignored content....you shoudn't be able to see my posts or IVE'S. But you just can't help yourself....just like Upstate.
Did you like it?

oldngray

nowhere special
yousuck.jpg

beentheredonethat

The one thing they screwed him on, and anybody with the facts can correct me if im wrong, is that if he was a full scale driver after the full progression is they have to give you equal pay for the money he would have been making as a driver not less.
An on road supervisor is classified as a 20F job. That job has an upper and lower pay band. A new on road supervisor will start within that band. (Note, there is also variation in the bands based on if he\she lives in a high cost of living area - ie San Francisco, NYC, vs living in a low cost of living area). If a person going in as an on road was already making top scale as a driver then yes, his\her starting salary would be higher then if that person was a new driver in progression. However, that new on road supervisor would get higher % raises his\her first few years to get him\her closer to the midpoint of his\her salary range quicker. He isn't being screwed in that a he should have asked\been told of his\her salary before the final decision was made. Similarly, that same person probably made more when you compare his salary as a supv vs what he\she would have made while in progression.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My former on-car drove for 15 years and told me he lost 15-20% when he made the move. He more than made up for that with stock options and pay raises.

Resident know-it-all.

Z

ZQXC

The one thing they screwed him on, and anybody with the facts can correct me if im wrong, is that if he was a full scale driver after the full progression is they have to give you equal pay for the money he would have been making as a driver not less.

Just for laughs, I would like to read this same sentence in j-man speak; is that even possible?

beentheredonethat

My former on-car drove for 15 years and told me he lost 15-20% when he made the move. He more than made up for that with stock options and pay raises.

Resident know-it-all.
To be clear, supervisors and managers get MIP - which is a stock bonus. They do NOT get stock options. It used to be div mgrs and higher got stock options. I am unsure if anything changed for div mgrs now.

The difference between stock options and stock awards are that stock options are a right to buy the stock at a specified date in the future. You see that a lot now with tech companies. Companies will give an option to buy 100 shares (or more\less) for 10/share (which is today's price) in 5 years. If the stock in 5 years is selling for 50/share, that person can buy the stock for 10 dollars and sell it immediately for 50 or a gain of 40/share * 100 shares. They can also keep the stock they just bought. A stock award is having a portion of your compensation given to you in the form of stock vs cash.

_Mayday_

Yes Really
A former on road sup, now center manager explained it to me like this. At the end of the day you will either be physically beaten up (driving) or mentally beat up (in management) He added in July and August when it is 100 degrees out and 115 inside a package car he is in an air conditioned office. As far as hours are concerned most on road sups (in my building, could vary by location) are working 12-14 hour days and 16-18 hour days during peak, oh and Saturdays during peak no DOT restrictions keeping them at 60 hours.
That being said he was always able to make it to his kid's little league games, more than 2 - 8 hour requests a month. Starting pay might vary if you've been driving for awhile and you're not being promoted from a pt sup position or a lateral move from another ft position. On road sups are the highest paid of all the ft sup positions (although dispatchers just got changed to be equal to on roads with orion) The senior on road sups where I am at make the same as top scale drivers. Keep in mind you are salary and you get the same check if you work 40 or 80 hours.
As a ft supervisor you can be moved around as well, to another building or center. As beentheredonethat said there are pros and cons to both sides.

A former on road sup, now center manager explained it to me like this. At the end of the day you will either be physically beaten up (driving) or mentally beat up (in management) He added in July and August when it is 100 degrees out and 115 inside a package car he is in an air conditioned office. As far as hours are concerned most on road sups (in my building, could vary by location) are working 12-14 hour days and 16-18 hour days during peak, oh and Saturdays during peak no DOT restrictions keeping them at 60 hours.
That being said he was always able to make it to his kid's little league games, more than 2 - 8 hour requests a month. Starting pay might vary if you've been driving for awhile and you're not being promoted from a pt sup position or a lateral move from another ft position. On road sups are the highest paid of all the ft sup positions (although dispatchers just got changed to be equal to on roads with orion) The senior on road sups where I am at make the same as top scale drivers. Keep in mind you are salary and you get the same check if you work 40 or 80 hours.
As a ft supervisor you can be moved around as well, to another building or center. As beentheredonethat said there are pros and cons to both sides.
You forgot one very Important thing! When I (you) go home, work is over for the day. Management can't say the same

Dr.Brownz

All I'm saying is both full time on roads transfered here to be mgmt (after working preload jobs in other cities) \are trying to become drivers now. The last full time sup we had was a 10 year driver who said he regrets becoming mgmt "less pay, more work and I see my family less". The guy before him was fired for altering time cards and the guy before him quit because there was too much BS and he didn't feel right lying to the hourlies