Full time to part time....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Let me reinterate a point. You go temp driving as a rehearsal to decide if you want to go fulltime. How hard is that advice to understand, I don't get it. You ask the drivers and most will give you all the info on how bad fulltime sucks now. Easy choice nowadays.
He didn't quit cause the job sucks....he quit for personal reasons. I was shocked he decided to come back.

EmraldArcher

I don't ever plan on going full time. I love being a cover driver. Work my ass off during peak and in the summer and then drive once or twice a week the rest of the year.

It's amazing.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You can make 55 to 70k with 6 months temp driving and preload or local sort pay. Obviously that is based on how much time you have with the company and your pay rate. Its a win win and a no brainer. 6 months of prison and 6 months of freedom. Im waiting for ya to step up to the plate on the temp driving thing BB. if you can handle that beastazz pull for 6 hours a day I know you can drive and put yourself in a good financial spot:dead: lol.

Rainman

Its all good.
I wanted to go back to part time after going driving full time for 2 years. However, I wasn't able to step down. Apparently, the only way to go back to part time was to quit and be rehired. If I were to be rehired, is there anything in the contract that states I get to keep my company seniority ( pay, vacation, etc)? I worked at UPS for 7 years, 5 as part time (vested.) My reasons for deciding to going back to part time are personal.
No

You start again at the bottom as a off the street hire, starting pay rate, and lose everything, except pension credit that was built up.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

540underdog

I went from part-time to full-time back to part-time without losing my seniority, vacations, or part-time pay. When I tried delivery I found out I just wasn't cut out for it at the time and wanted back on preload. I bidded on an air route (part-time), then when a opening on preload came up I bidded on that. Don't know how I managed it all but it worked. Someone with medical problems did that the previous year. She went from fulltime driver to part time air. But she set a standard & I copied what she did, only I took it a step further and went back to preload. It can be done but mind you this was back in 1996 so I'm not sure if they changed things to where that's not even a possibility now but dig a little deeper you might find that loophole. I did and they told me it couldn't be done at the time.