Full-time to Part-time

The DFW Ramp will be eliminating almost all full-timers February 1, 2014.

All full time truck coordinators will be part time
All full time forklift drivers will be part time
All full time CSA's, well 5 out of 6, will be part time
All full time handlers will be part time.

The dispatchers will all work out of AFWH, adding a significant amount of mileage to most of their daily commutes.

MAKAVELI

The dispatchers will all work out of AFWH, adding a significant amount of mileage to most of their daily commutes.
Did they give a reason for this change?

I'm not sure on his name or title, I was told but forgot, but it some district head guy out of AFWH.

He's been making small changes throughout the district, and this is his first big move to cut cost. No one knows why, they obviously wont say, they just told the employees Monday or Tuesday of last week.

MAKAVELI

I'm not sure on his name or title, I was told but forgot, but it some district head guy out of AFWH.

He's been making small changes throughout the district, and this is his first big move to cut cost. No one knows why, they obviously wont say, they just told the employees Monday or Tuesday of last week.
Don't know what your unemployment laws are in Texas, but I'd look into filing for unemployment. How many employees are affected by these cuts?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Somebody trying to make themselves look good to Memphis. Probably a promotion or a raise on the horizon or both. And of course at the expense of many people. The way to do it in Fredland.

I can't imagine what the reason could be.

Fred $mith.

Last edited:

hypo hanna

Operational needs silly.

Cheaper to operate out of AFWH than DFWR. The fact that DFW is central to the market and AFWH is way out north of Ft Worth is beside the point. A smart station SM would be lobbying for earlier cutoff times otherwise he is going to have a hell of a time getting his outbound freight to the plane on time.

Artee

Wasn't the truck coordinator position was eliminated completely a couple years ago. It was around here.
Fulltime forklift drivers and handlers? LOL 98% of those jobs are part time. Those are entry level positions. To think someone would stay full time in those for 20+ years and call it a career would be sad.

Wasn't the truck coordinator position was eliminated completely a couple years ago. It was around here.
Fulltime forklift drivers and handlers? LOL 98% of those jobs are part time. Those are entry level positions. To think someone would stay full time in those for 20+ years and call it a career would be sad.
I know the ramp has at least 6 full time forklift drivers. Not sure on how many handlers, but my station that is about 2 hrs from the ramp has 8 full time handlers.

All the handlers that are full time atmy station have been with the company from 10 to 20 years.