Full time

Billy

my building ( 4 centers ) laid off 10 drivers 2 weeks ago. They were all hired during the holiday. They were given 4 hour loading and 4 hour unloading at their driver rate of pay. Sure it's a split shift, but at least they're still around.

backinbrown

respect my authority
If you are through progression and have 4 years in with company you get drivers pay and should get 8 hours i think contract says 8 straight

UPS44GAL

my building ( 4 centers ) laid off 10 drivers 2 weeks ago. They were all hired during the holiday. They were given 4 hour loading and 4 hour unloading at their driver rate of pay. Sure it's a split shift, but at least they're still around.
our drivers are given the option to go home and take opt days so it will not come to anyone getting laid off hopefully..but we did cut 4 rts yesterday

Fullhouse

Atlantic Area Supplement- Bottom two seniority drivers are guaranteed 8 hours a day of which may or may not be continuous. The rest of the laid off drivers have to be laid off 1 day before they can bump part timers. They must have seniority over the part timer.

Braveheart

8 hours but will be split at our hub. 1st week is driver pay after that part time pay based on number of years with company and whatever normal raises you would have received.

At least you keep medical, pension, etc etc.

Remember all employees must report and be paid for 156 reports to get next years vacation. Also you need 156 at full time pay to get full time for next year so work those split shifts.

New pension also requires higher hours worked to get the big pension they brag about. So a guy who misses too much work will get short end of the stick at retirement. Work those shifts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!