Full Timers bump Part Timers

SquirrelBoggie

Recently we had a couple of Full Timers who had to change jobs come to our load area, their job was twilight load/midnight clerk, one of the FTers didn't like loading so he took the pickoff test, past and bumped one of the part timers whose been here for 9 yrs, my question is can a full timer do that if "Pickoff" isn't one of their bid jobs to begin with?

SquirrelBoggie

Must be troll time on Brown Cafe, guess I'll stop being lazy and dust off that trusty Union book, :censored2: it while I'm at it might as well start grieving for every :censored2:ing thing at the hub from them freezing and shipping the 22.3 jobs away to other hubs, not honoring article 22.3, to the bull:censored2: Full Timer that comes out of nowhere to push people out of their job cause they can't load, to all the full timers who think they can do an easy/easy job, I'm just about to start filing grievances

SquirrelBoggie

More like that full timer has earned the right to do that through seniority

You sure you're not the person who got bumped ?
More like he earned the right to whine, I been there here for 15years now I get it, UPS IS frustrating, and if it's in the rule book that the person can bump another person then cool, I'm with it but I never seen nor heard about this until now, unless I've just been ignorant to the facts

BrownBrokeDown

More like he earned the right to whine, I been there here for 15years now I get it, UPS IS frustrating, and if it's in the rule book that the person can bump another person then cool, I'm with it but I never seen nor heard about this until now, unless I've just been ignorant to the facts
Its actually situational depending on the FT's job and surpervisors. In southern a FT driver bumps the lowest seniority person in the operation when they are laid off. My understanding of 22.3 is the jobs are assigned when it is bidded (could be wrong here). It almost sounds like the 22.3 got the Sups to go along with the job change, BUT seniority taken into acct if the 22.3's 1 job is now a pickoff, don't think there is anything grievable.

SquirrelBoggie

Part timers have a sense of entitlement that we didn't have back in my day.
We work just like you guys, would've been full-time but they froze the jobs and sent them to a different hub, every time they put a job up they take it down, our hub is full of disgruntled part timers who have put a lot work in to get full time but haven't got it

BrownBrokeDown

Honestly the PT job has changed some. My 5 yr anniversary was earlier this month. In just my 5 years there has been huge changes in the way the operation flows. When I started we worked our asses off, but Sups would be in their areas doing their job (supervising). Now all the pt sups are kids that don't know their asses from their mouths, and :censored2: comes out of both. They are usually in another area talking with their fellow sups about whose house they are going to smoke at after work. Their outside work friends basically can do whatever they want. Training is a hell of a lot worse than when i started, and that is saying something. When I started you might have a smooth night once a week, now...I can't remember the last smooth night we had, and our buildings volume has went down. Its gotten bad. Its not so much a sense of entitlement as it is just being fed up.

wonder how long it will take for the first fed up merger joke?

SquirrelBoggie

Honestly the PT job has changed some. My 5 yr anniversary was earlier this month. In just my 5 years there has been huge changes in the way the operation flows. When I started we worked our asses off, but Sups would be in their areas doing their job (supervising). Now all the pt sups are kids that don't know their asses from their mouths, and :censored2: comes out of both. They are usually in another area talking with their fellow sups about whose house they are going to smoke at after work. Their outside work friends basically can do whatever they want. Training is a hell of a lot worse than when i started, and that is saying something. When I started you might have a smooth night once a week, now...I can't remember the last smooth night we had, and our buildings volume has went down. Its gotten bad. Its not so much a sense of entitlement as it is just being fed up.

in our hub we got a bunch of new guys training new guys, it's horrid

SquirrelBoggie

in our hub we got a bunch of new guys training new guys, it's horri
I've been here for 2 weeks and i've learned to keep my thoughts to myself and work. You should do the same or your feelings will continue to get hurt
I've been here for 2 weeks and i've learned to keep my thoughts to myself and work. You should do the same or your feelings will continue to get hurt
What's the point of having a thread if I can't rant once and a while?

BrownBrokeDown

you keep your thoughts to yourself, and you'll get ate alive. However, you do have to pick your battles.

Also, wait awhile. You havent seen but a small part of what this place is like in just 2 weeks.

Trollbe Bryant

What's the point of having a thread if I can't rant once and a while?[/QUOTE said:
Kinda funny how everyone on this forum complains about something that is irrelevant to their lives. Just saying.

Just like all the politicians on here who will never have their voices heard bc they POST about it.