Full

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
OK, I wrote it down. We'll see if the ink fades.

Brownslave, ever seen the MIZZOU bus tailgating at games?
? The mizzou bus? I believe there are a few people with buses. They are delegated to the rv lot now so don't see them much. Although a guy in my neighborhood had one with tiger stripes and such painted it.

I hope to have an rv soon but it'll be hard to give up my spot. Only walk a few hundred yards to the stadium right now.

watdaflock?

I have a neighboring route that has a uhaul and man the back of that thing looks awesome everyday. They load it with 2 aisles/3 rows and it's only like waist high. I'm sure if I were to drive it the first time I took a turn it would be one big heap but I was a little jealous yesterday morning looking in the back, then I thought about having to bend down for every stop and climb up in and out of that thing.

I got a couple thanks this AM for using totes to separate everything in the rental box. Over 700 pieces with about half post office (RDL).

Past two days were good for us. We will see next week. Assuming volume will go up 20% or more.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I got a couple thanks this AM for using totes to separate everything in the rental box. Over 700 pieces with about half post office (RDL).

Past two days were good for us. We will see next week. Assuming volume will go up 20% or more.
Volume has been horrendous all week but we're running enough routes where we're not getting buried.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Worst day of my driver life. Helper for 7 hours, and 2 drivers met me and took work. Punched out at 910.
My worst day delivering was also one of my best. It was a Christmas eve probably 30 years ago. The word was, if it looked like a Christmas package, it HAD to be delivered. I delivered a rural route about 40 minutes from the building. I had a brown paper wrapped package with handwritten address, definately a Christmas package. The bad thing was it had a bad zip, and worse than that, it didn't even go to our center. I found the address on my keymap (most don't know what this is, but it is a book of every street in your county, plus the fringes of adjoining counties). this address was actually in the next county, in another town, but luckily it showed it. It was about a 25 mile drive, plus I still had my helper with me. Pulled up to a wood frame home on a dirt road about 10:20 pm waaaay out in the sticks. Didn't want to get shot so I honked the horn. After about 5 minutes a little old lady came out of the house who looked to be about 70 years old. She was quite surprised to see us. I showed her the package and she said it was from her nieces and nephews, and she thought they had forgotten about her. She started crying. It was a very emotional scene. I still had to drop my helper off at his car, and by the time I punched out, it was a little past midnight. One of the best days of my 38 year career.

oldngray

nowhere special
After the tax man azzz rapes me...it won't be quite as pretty...lol
pay-your-taxes-funny-quotes.jpg

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
My worst day delivering was also one of my best. It was a Christmas eve probably 30 years ago. The word was, if it looked like a Christmas package, it HAD to be delivered. I delivered a rural route about 40 minutes from the building. I had a brown paper wrapped package with handwritten address, definately a Christmas package. The bad thing was it had a bad zip, and worse than that, it didn't even go to our center. I found the address on my keymap (most don't know what this is, but it is a book of every street in your county, plus the fringes of adjoining counties). this address was actually in the next county, in another town, but luckily it showed it. It was about a 25 mile drive, plus I still had my helper with me. Pulled up to a wood frame home on a dirt road about 10:20 pm waaaay out in the sticks. Didn't want to get shot so I honked the horn. After about 5 minutes a little old lady came out of the house who looked to be about 70 years old. She was quite surprised to see us. I showed her the package and she said it was from her nieces and nephews, and she thought they had forgotten about her. She started crying. It was a very emotional scene. I still had to drop my helper off at his car, and by the time I punched out, it was a little past midnight. One of the best days of my 38 year career.
Totally loved this story! The hell with black Friday and cyber Monday! This is what Christmas should be about. I would love to see more posts like this.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We seem not to be able to get the loads from the Meadowlands. Pre load waits 2 hrs a morning for the feeder. 3/4 of the drivers are coming in tomorrow so we don't get blown out on Monday. Guaranteed 4 hrs. But you know it will be 8. So far this yr. I don't believe they have a actual plan to follow. Flying by the seat of their pants

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Truck was even worse today. 425 pieces in an 800. 190 stops (usually average 105) between waiting for highrise freight elevators in the city and non-release residential areas where you're filling out infonotices and service crosses all night. Sooo that works out to about 180% of a normal full day of work, so for someone who normally has 160 stops, it would be like 289 stops, except you're not just having your helper hop out and drop and go.

Tonight ETA was 1030 until a scheduled pickup called to cancel, my helper arranged to get a ride home instead of me driving to drop him off and they took some stops off me so I got in at 9 and kept helper 10 hours on 6 1/2 hours authorized.

watdaflock?

30+ loads in my HUB did not get run that should have been......well positioned for what?

Next week will be really light and you'll catch up no problem.

Also if you believe me please stand on your head.

kept helper 10 hours on 6 1/2 hours authorized.

That seems to be common everywhere, keeping jumpers a lot longer than allotted time. Do supervisors actually do anything if you go way over?