Fun strategy for when being observed...

8 Hour Day

A couple of weeks ago, I had a colorful conversation with my center manager in which he attempted to blame me for a series of problems created by dispatch, pointed out to my supervisor by me, and then completely ignored by everyone...

They'd cut my route and given me one they'd put together out of two other routes. They had failed to notice that the pick ups for the different routes ran at the same time. This led to several being missed in spite of me warning them before I even left the building.

He was pissed I "wasn't taking this serious enough." He said I could expect "paperwork" in the morning, to which I simply said that sounded fun. I had documented my side of me repeatedly communicating the problems, so I knew my butt was covered.

The paperwork never showed up, but I did win a ride along as retaliation. I could have filed a grievance, but a very rare stroke of brilliance hit me.

I did everything 100% by the books while I had my little managerial friend on board with one glaring exception.

You see, ORION was never properly configured on my route, and EDD never works either (I gave up getting them to fix it years ago). I run the route differently everyday depending on bulk, savers and irregs, so there's no real established routine.

That day, a heavy Wednesday, I even ran that sucker by ORION stop for stop, only breaking off for businesses and schools ORION seems to think are residentials.

The one and only thing I did that wasn't by the book was run. When I got to my first stop, I positively sprinted to the door! The supe, predictably, barked at me to slow down! Of course, I protested that if I didn't run, we'd be out there till 9:30! So, at the 2nd stop, I ran some more. He barked some more!

So, I walked. I even stayed on the paved surfaces like a good little boy! All day, I complained that if that was how I was expected to work, they'd have to take tons of stops off!

I clocked out at 9:45.

The next day was 9:30.

Did I mention I'm on the 9.5 list?

Today, I was 45 stops lighter than normal, and the kid who usually runs air and maybe shuttles a few misloads was whining about having a full day of work.

I'll probably let them being it back up to a fair day eventually, but for now, I think I'll be taking it easy.

Overpaid Union Thug

A couple of weeks ago, I had a colorful conversation with my center manager in which he attempted to blame me for a series of problems created by dispatch, pointed out to my supervisor by me, and then completely ignored by everyone...

They'd cut my route and given me one they'd put together out of two other routes. They had failed to notice that the pick ups for the different routes ran at the same time. This led to several being missed in spite of me warning them before I even left the building.

He was :censored2: I "wasn't taking this serious enough." He said I could expect "paperwork" in the morning, to which I simply said that sounded fun. I had documented my side of me repeatedly communicating the problems, so I knew my butt was covered.

The paperwork never showed up, but I did win a ride along as retaliation. I could have filed a grievance, but a very rare stroke of brilliance hit me.

I did everything 100% by the books while I had my little managerial friend on board with one glaring exception.

You see, ORION was never properly configured on my route, and EDD never works either (I gave up getting them to fix it years ago). I run the route differently everyday depending on bulk, savers and irregs, so there's no real established routine.

That day, a heavy Wednesday, I even ran that sucker by ORION stop for stop, only breaking off for businesses and schools ORION seems to think are residentials.

The one and only thing I did that wasn't by the book was run. When I got to my first stop, I positively sprinted to the door! The supe, predictably, barked at me to slow down! Of course, I protested that if I didn't run, we'd be out there till 9:30! So, at the 2nd stop, I ran some more. He barked some more!

So, I walked. I even stayed on the paved surfaces like a good little boy! All day, I complained that if that was how I was expected to work, they'd have to take tons of stops off!

Today, I was 45 stops lighter than normal, and the kid who usually runs air and maybe shuttles a few misloads was whining about having a full day of work.

I'll probably let them being it back up to a fair day eventually, but for now, I think I'll be taking it easy.
Minus the initial running and following ORION......what you did that day is what I try and do every single day. My dispatch was eventfully adjusted to my speed. I think that, quite possibly, a virtual time study was done too.

Brown_Star

Methods Man

He was :censored2: I "wasn't taking this serious enough." He said I could expect "paperwork" in the morning, to which I simply said that sounded fun. I had documented my side of me repeatedly communicating the problems, so I knew my butt was covered.

Why you intentionally violated the 8 keys on a ride is smurfing mind boggling!

Do the job by corporates methods day in day out...

tfinnegan

happy exupser
I hope the "kid" who runs the air, that then had a full day, is a regular package car driver and not an air driver doing ground deliveries! That would be a violation of the contract and you could grieve that !!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont care if they observe me. I learned to just do it by the book and lose the stress. They will find something wrong, if they dont they make it up anyway

Mythical Methods

I like to stop complete as near to the truck as possible. Kills numbers.

Could you please explain to me how this works? I'd love to know just for future reference! I'd say it has to do something with the time it takes to get to the truck and back and makes it look like you are killing time in the cab before the vehicle moves again.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Could you please explain to me how this works? I'd love to know just for future reference! I'd say it has to do something with the time it takes to get to the truck and back and makes it look like you are killing time in the cab before the vehicle moves again.
The way the post was phrased was open-ended. Wally could mean quickly stop/complete walking up to a stop (i.e. a DR package), or on the way back to the truck. But the first one is not following the methods.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I do this: Walk to DR location, scan as fast as you can, the closer to the truck the better, hit DR-gar,FD, etc. I don't hit stop complete until I'm back near the truck. I keep my finger on the button so the sup watching doesn't even know I'm doing this.

The computer model thinks you are not walking that far so the numbers will be worst than normal.