Fun things you know about your truck that'll $#@! off your cover driver

M

Mike23

Crap, I forgot one...My gas card is in my wallet. When I hurt my shoulder and was on light duty for three months 90% of the gas cards in our depot magically disappeared from their assigned cars. Therefore I scrounged one from another vehicle and it's been in my wallet ever since. Take that air drivers (since it was an air driver car)!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm not too sure how to multiple quote ppl in one post so I'll just make another post

Just click the little quotation marks in the right hand corner of every post that you want to include and after you have clicked all the post you want to quote, click one of the boxes that says quote and it will take you to the appropriate page.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I'm just saying that I've herd of drivers pissing in the back of the package car when they can't get to a bathroom, just down right gross! At least have the decency to piss in a bottle that you can throw away, so when I'm in the back of a truck in high temps I don't toss my lunch because of the smell of urine.

M

Mike23

I'm just saying that I've herd of drivers pissing in the back of the package car when they can't get to a bathroom, just down right gross! At least have the decency to piss in a bottle that you can throw away, so when I'm in the back of a truck in high temps I don't toss my lunch because of the smell of urine.

If I'm doing my resies (after 5pm) I'll usually use a bottle cause feel awkward asking to use someone elses throne in their castle. Depending on how extreme you take it though, you might have a choice between in the back of the truck or dumping out your water and peeing in that. If I ever got stuck with that choice it'd be the truck. Of course, it's just poor planning not having an extra cup!

jbomb1010

Why dont you just barely open your back door and let it go out on your back bumper. Make sure there are bushes between you and the house or find an empty parking lot. I do it 5 times a day...... not too tough!

rod

Retired 22 years
Why dont you just barely open your back door and let it go out on your back bumper. Make sure there are bushes between you and the house or find an empty parking lot. I do it 5 times a day...... not too tough!

5 times a day? I only go that much if I've been drinking beer :wink2:

NHDRVR

I thought this would be a fun post since we all know how well our mechanics treat our vehicles. Many drivers (like myself) have the same vehicle day in and day out (1000 for me) so get used to the quirks, and honestly, I've come to love mine!

1. The gas gauge hasn't worked since started working 1 year ago...Although sometimes if I hit enough bumps it will

2. At 60kph, if my doors are open, my garbage can cleans itself...bye bye pop can!

3. Every month I need to request a new starter because it will take +30 secs to start it with the key turned on in the morning. Oh, and it smokes out everyone beside me. If I don't sometime in the next 2 months my starter will die on route :(

4. My driver side window won't open

5. My car DOES have more pickup then a P5. It can actually reach 110 KPH (I was shocked at this)!

6. My windshield wipers, when turned on, will stay turned on, even if turned off, for about 1 min. Otherwise the wipers will dangle in front of the windshield so you can't see anything

7. My wiper knob occasionally goes missing, this means I need to press the wiper button instead of turning it so that I'll actually be able to clear my windshield

8. The key to my cart is in my first aid box. I don't know about other depots but we're ALWAYS short on carts and actually need to chain and lock ours to make sure we have them the next day. Otherwise they magically go missing and show up in someone else' car.

9. My drugs are stashed in the plastic bin JK! :happy-very:

My old 700 was setup to 'BEEP-BEEP-BEEP' when ever my e-brake or 4-ways were on. I figured out a spot where the handbrake would hold and not set off the wretched noise.

Rearview monitor needed to be tweaked (punched) on the side every hour or so to get the picture back.

Figure this one out....Rain would come in around the passenger side windshield gasket at 40-45 mph but not anything faster or slower. I spent a few days messing around with that one.

Lastly, My shifter likes to stick occasionaly and you need to reach up under the dash and help it along.

I actually tell the cover drivers these things to decrease the chance of retaliation.

Stop desing the mechanics
we dont stock parts
we get no overtime
we have anywere from 28 to 35 trucks each to fix
I have 46
we get NO training
maybe if you throw us a couble of your tips you get during peak might help
you tip your loader why not us
Thank God I only hve one more year !!!
PS some of you guys are are pigs clean your trucks
Otherwise have a good day
PARTS ON ORDER !!!

M

Mike23

we dont stock parts
we get no overtime
I have 46
we get NO training
PARTS ON ORDER !!!

What a cranky mechanic. You're more cranky then the Canada post person I met the other day! I love my mechanic. I have a great working relationship with them and I respect them. I know you guys have more cars then mechanics which is why I said it doesn't make sense that we have more sups then mechanics.

I also enjoy the quirks of my car. It gives me character which is why I made this post.

IE next time someone rights 'poo' to you just right 'pis' (parts is stolen). I got that from my mechanic :D

M

Mike23

Oh, this is a good one I forgot. Another 1000 we have (we tend to trade off if one's red tagged), the gear shift will slide into neutral while driving up a hill. This has given me the habit of driving with one hand on the shifter. I was questioned about it during a ride along and I explained it's safer to have it on the shifter then get tboned in the intersection. According to management it's better to get tboned since I got docked for it :(

partykid

Actually you are littering. Why not take a moment, grab a DR bag, put your trash in there and secure the bag in the pkg compartment until you get back to the center? No, I am not a tree hugger but I don't litter if I can avoid it.
I know, I was refering to the First time that it happend to me years ago.... before i knew they would empty at 55mph! D.R. bag all the way here

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
we dont stock parts
we get no overtime
I have 46
we get NO training
PARTS ON ORDER !!!
  1. my hub stocks parts
  2. I get overtime
  3. I have 27 trucks in my fleet
  4. I get plenty of training, NOT! But it's all nuts and bolts
  5. Don't need tips, we get $29.51 an hour
  6. I got 26 more years
Bottom line " It is what it is ":happy-very:

robot

Has A Large Member
hahaha! pee in bottles?! Back of truck??? amateurs!!! I use these bad boys.

Saves me at least half an hour a day on route!!! :happy-very:

369221250.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
  1. my hub stocks parts
  2. I get overtime
  3. I have 27 trucks in my fleet
  4. I get plenty of training, NOT! But it's all nuts and bolts
  5. Don't need tips, we get $29.51 an hour
  6. I got 26 more years
Bottom line " It is what it is ":happy-very:

Nice seeing a 24 footer get rolled into the building by a forklift Wednesday. Was that a bad boy you worked on? :biting:

M

Mike23

More news of my pkg car. I found out when my headlights are on, the knob above the wiper turns on if I tap it to show me my lights are on. Also my brake light is on all the time (I forgot about that one until a driver wrote it up last week!).