Funeral Documentation

DooDooBrn

I informed my manager that I would need 2 days off due to a death in the family. (wake, funeral) He then extended his condolences and said just to inform him on the days I would need. The next day my supervisor who I have been having issues with demanded that I get documentation proving my claim. My question is, am I REQUIRED to show him any documentation. Thanx for the help.

CHALLY9TX

Yes. Although it depends on your center manager. When I told my center manager I needed 2 days of for my uncles funeral he said ok. When I got back management didn't ask for any proof. I even got paid funeral leave although I didn't care about getting paid.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Yes. Although it depends on your center manager. When I told my center manager I needed 2 days of for my uncles funeral he said ok. When I got back management didn't ask for any proof. I even got paid funeral leave although I didn't care about getting paid.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I've usually only seen it requested when the employee no call/no shows or has a history of absenteeism. Had a 2 year guy one time no call 4 days in a row, show up to work and claim his aunt had died and he attended the service out of state. After he was fired, we asked him to get a copy of the funeral program and never heard back from him.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Sent using BrownCafe App

How did you get paid for an uncle?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I've usually only seen it requested when the employee no call/no shows or has a history of absenteeism. Had a 2 year guy one time no call 4 days in a row, show up to work and claim his aunt had died and he attended the service out of state. After he was fired, we asked him to get a copy of the funeral program and never heard back from him.
LOL same thing happened here, but there was a hiring freeze & therefore kept his job.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When my Grandmother passed about 2 years ago, on car said I needed to bring back proof.

I brought nothing back, and they never asked. I HAD the funeral program, but it's for MY personal memory, NOT UPS'

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When someone passes away, it doesn't necessarily make it into the obits in the newspaper. Usually the funeral home will do that for you as part of their services, but some folks decline. When my father died, it wasn't in the paper. I know management looked because they told me they would have sent flowers if they had known. Not sure I believe them but that's what they said.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If the MANAGER said you were good then I would tell the SUP that you're absence has been approved and he may discuss it with said MGR
The sup may have said he was good for the time off, but UPS sometimes will require proof that you attended the funeral in order to get the funeral pay.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I got paid for my wife's aunt out of state when I was on preload. Didn't say who died. Didn't realize I needed too. Was just a dumb preloaded. Was not asked for proof either.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
A lot depends on your center manager and your work history as to how strict UPS is about funeral pay but its best to save a copy of obit just in case.