Funeral Leave Question????

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Speedo, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Speedo

Speedo New Member

Does anyone know if you get paid for a grandparent's death? I plan on taking 2 days off. I looked at the master agreement and it looks like I should get paid, but I just want to make sure.
  2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

You get 3 days don't you? but only if it is a direct relation, not a step-. Sorry couldnt figure how to word that right?
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The number of days that you get off depend upon the relationship of the deceased. Don't you have a copy of the contract? If so, look under "funeral leave" and you will find out all you need to know but, as Cement said, I also believe that it is 3 days.
  4. PassYouBy

PassYouBy Unknown Acrobat

When my Father-In-Law passed away 7 months ago, I got paid for the 2 days I was off.
  5. jds4lunch

jds4lunch What the hell is YOUPS??

You get 4 days paid leave. I just went through the same thing a month ago. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.
  6. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

You get a travel day also, if the funeral is over 150 miles away.
  7. turtle

turtle New Member

how about uncle?do u get any time off w/ or w/out pay? can't seem to find this in new contract.
  8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

no, not for uncles
  9. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

3 days even if the funeral is on a friday. and say you went to it thursday you go back to work tuesday sorry about your loss i lst my granny last year, hope this helped,