Funeral Pay

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Two days guaranteed off between the day of death and the funeral and two days off for the actual funeral service for immediate family (parents, grandparents, children, step-children, step parents, mother and father in-laws). One day off for the funeral of a sister in-law or brother in-law.

No changes to that language in the TA.

oldngray

nowhere special
Only 3 paid days off here, and not paid after the funeral unless its out of town so you need a travel day (so you might only get paid for 2). Same for all relatives that qualify.

barnyard

KTM rider
It really depends on the local and the relationship.

Plus it is a lost time benefit. You do not get paid if the funeral is during your vacation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It really depends on the local and the relationship.

Plus it is a lost time benefit. You do not get paid if the funeral is during your vacation.

My father passed away during Peak a few years ago. My brother and I took care of the arrangements (cremation with a wake) and decided to wait until after Christmas to hold the service. My center manager worked with me and gave me the week after Christmas off with funeral pay.

upschuck

My father passed away during Peak a few years ago. My brother and I took care of the arrangements (cremation with a wake) and decided to wait until after Christmas to hold the service. My center manager worked with me and gave me the week after Christmas off with funeral pay.

Funerals are one thing that UPS will work with you about. I had a funeral out of town, but not quite far enough to get the travel day, but still gave it to me.