Funeral Pay

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by P700slave, Dec 2, 2013.

1. P700slave

P700slave Member

Does anyone know what the days allowed off are for a funeral in the new contract? Thanks

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Depends on the relation to the deceased----as little as one day up to 4 days if the funeral is out of town.

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

New contract is not in effect.

4. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

As far as I know, the amount of time off in the new contract is no different than it was in the old one.

5. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Two days guaranteed off between the day of death and the funeral and two days off for the actual funeral service for immediate family (parents, grandparents, children, step-children, step parents, mother and father in-laws). One day off for the funeral of a sister in-law or brother in-law.

No changes to that language in the TA.

6. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Only 3 paid days off here, and not paid after the funeral unless its out of town so you need a travel day (so you might only get paid for 2). Same for all relatives that qualify.

7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

It really depends on the local and the relationship.

Plus it is a lost time benefit. You do not get paid if the funeral is during your vacation.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My father passed away during Peak a few years ago. My brother and I took care of the arrangements (cremation with a wake) and decided to wait until after Christmas to hold the service. My center manager worked with me and gave me the week after Christmas off with funeral pay.

9. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Funerals are one thing that UPS will work with you about. I had a funeral out of town, but not quite far enough to get the travel day, but still gave it to me.